Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED BENCHMARK (ITS FASTER I PROMISE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks dude

Comment

• nice test spike, the conroes are looking good and strong.
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

• has anyone already tried on a mac pro with windows? It is said that it can run Windows natively (no emulation)
        You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

• all you need is bootcamp to run windows, im thinking of getting a macbook pro laptop soon(ish)
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

• Spike: Is the machine OC'd? Your time (3:27) seems a lot quicker than Lukx's times (4:1 for a similar system (E6600 on pg. 21).
            www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

• NO OC

dlparisi,

no OC, I actually had a bit of a problem originally, I put the mobo and proc. in an existing case with XP system hard-disk already installed.
              At first had no probs, but suddenly system wouldn't boot, stopped on a file called map.sys?
              Did a repair, it seemed to work my device manager saw 2 x 2mb cache, but the task manager saw 1 x 4 mb cache and only one cpu graph! So I was getting about 7 mins for the scene.

Anyway after a clean install of windows XP SP1 then SP2 and all latest drivers for Intel chipset, first thing I did was the scene and got the time shown!

I will try scene again to see what happens.

Spike

Comment

• Originally posted by dlparisi
                Spike: Is the machine OC'd? Your time (3:27) seems a lot quicker than Lukx's times (4:1 for a similar system (E6600 on pg. 21).
                Note that his time was achieved using r1.47, where as the X6800 was rendered with R1.5...
                Some changed default values with R1.5 make it a lot slower (around 30%) then R1.47.

As I said, we'll have to pay attention to this when we compare times !
                - Geert -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                www.3DIGIT.be
                3Dprinting in full color !

Comment

• Well I was trying to get it to run in max5.1 (with geerts help) but still can't quite get it right. Right now I'm at 2 min 21.7s with a scene that doesn't look anything like anyone elses. lol

Just posting this for humors sake, please ignore the result.
                  http://www.3estudios.net

Comment

• Here's an actual result.

3 minutes 16.5 seconds

E6600 @ 3.3

The result is pretty fantastic I think...its almost exactly 2x faster then my dual 2.8 xeon, which was exactly the increase I was looking for!
                    http://www.3estudios.net

Comment

• my results : 2*265@1890 mhz = 3min 34 sec
                      2*265@2250 mhz = 2 min 59 sec
                      2*265@2350 mhz = 2 min 52 sec

Comment

• Surprised geoffc 1 mhz difference renders 25 seconds faster Give it up for Boxx

Dell 690
                        Dual 5160's
                        8 gb ram (although only using 4)
                        xp 64 not a great OS
                        particle makes perfect

Comment

• nice time dude, what did the rig cost?
                          Chris Jackson
                          Shiftmedia
                          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

• government purchasing contract $5575 retail was something like $7900.
                            particle makes perfect

Comment

• thats a chunk o change!
                              Chris Jackson
                              Shiftmedia
                              www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

• Originally posted by jrandom
                                Surprised geoffc 1 mhz difference renders 25 seconds faster Give it up for Boxx
                                Your rendering looks different too, just look at the teapot, on geoffc's it is very bright and on your rendering it's very dark. and as long as the renderings isn't 100% identical you can't really compare the rendertimes.

but why are you only using 4gb ram when you have 8? and why is xp64 bad?

/Thomas
                                www.suurland.com
                                www.cg-source.com
                                www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

Working...
                                X