Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED BENCHMARK (ITS FASTER I PROMISE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cubiclegangster
    The fan starts, spins once, then stops and nothing happens. Guess I wont be overclocking yet...
    This happened to my laptop once, and it turned out the processor was fried. Hope thats not the case for you!

Comment

• I think it might be

Stripped it down to powersupply, processor/heatsink & ram. Still doing it. Ive asked the guys over at the SH/SC part of something awful for advice, so i'll get some more views before making any decisions.

How the fuck would it get fried/something be broken when its the first time ive used it?

Edit: power supply was tripping out. You had me really worried there

Comment

• has anyone tested a conroe 5600?
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

• Dual Xeon 3.6 2GB RAM IBM Intellistation

4:47.08

Next time I post will be from a Dual Woodcrest 3.0 4GB RAM

Comment

• Hi there!
            I have built this one myself
            Core2Duo 6300 @ 3.36 GHz (Overclocked & watercooling)
            4 GB Corsair 6400
            Asus P5B Deluxe
            Sapphire Radeo X1900 GT w 256 MB

Rendertime cornelltest rc2: 00:03:21,5

Proof: www.volxnah.de/cornelltestnew_1_5.jpg

Comment

• Dual Opteron 270s. 3GB

Has anyone compiled all of the render times from this thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by jonahhawk
                Dual Opteron 270s. 3GB

Has anyone compiled all of the render times from this thread?
                Somehow I doubt it...

-dave
                Cheers,
                -dave
                â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

• I listed all the Conroes back on pg 26
                  If someone does the X2s and someone else the 5160s, etc. we'd have something interesting to look at.
                  sigpic
                  J. Scott Smith Visual Designs

FB Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/jssvisualdesigns
                  http://www.linkedin.com/in/jscottsmith
                  https://jscottsmith.com/

Comment

• i'm putting together a vray related webpage. one of the pages is a benchmarks database where everyone can submit their machine specs and rendertimes. also i want to make so that the user can sort the data by machine brand, processor type...etc. it should be up by monday...gotta work out some php and mysql issues that i'm having.
                    -joe
                    www.boxxtech.com

Comment

• just got max 9 and ran it through the test scene.
                      i'm now running 64bit max and 64bit vray on the macpro. 13 seconds faster than with the 32 bit software.

-joe
                      www.boxxtech.com

Comment

• n6 listed a lot of them here http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...highlight=list
                        Eric Boer
                        Dev

Comment

• Originally posted by posterus
                          just got max 9 and ran it through the test scene.
                          i'm now running 64bit max and 64bit vray on the macpro. 13 seconds faster than with the 32 bit software.
                          -joe
                          Yes, max 9 64 bit + 1.5RC3 64 bit, is a bit faster than max 8 + 1.5Rc2 here too, on my 3 new dual Woodcrest 5150s(2666Mhz) XP64 systems (one workstation with 4096MB of RAM and 2 rackmounted renser slaves with 2048MB).

On the 3dsmax8 + 1.5RC2 the systems benched around 2m 09,5s.
                          On the 3dsmax9 64bit + 1.5RC3 64bit they bench around 1m 54,6s.

So, besides what the actual release upgrade improvements, regarding this rendering test, it is kind of upgrading from 5150s to 5160s compared to 3dsmax8 + 1.5RC2 32 bit.

Cheers

Fermí

Comment

• Clean install of XP64 on a Mac Pro 2.66Ghz.

Max8, Vray 1.5rc2

2min 8sec

This machine only has 1G of ram, so I'll rerun the test when the rest gets here.

Comment

• Nice time!!

Although I doubt more ram will make it any faster as that scene is pretty simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by RErender
                                Cool thanks for the link. I just looked through that thread not realising how old it is now. Would be excellent if someone could find the time to update this and put in some of the new results against the old.

I mean clearly the new dual Xeon machines are literally twice the speed of the old Dual Xeons....but a new table would really help illustrate this to casual forum lurkers considering what to buy,

The only thing that concerns me about the results is the number of included overclocked results. I think we need a fair comparison without overclocking because this just confuses many people who are reading these threads and may be considering which hardware to purchase. I personally used to overclock home machines etc but now for serious work i wouldnt dream of doing it so basically overclocked results are useless IMHO.

That Max Pro 2.66 result is very impressive!. How many cores does this machine have? Two dual cores?

Comment

Working...
                                X