No announcement yet.

Memory Allocation Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe microsoft is the new daleks- EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

I agree about XP64. I installed it on one of my x2's for about a day and a half. Nothing but problems with chipset drivers on my Asus A8N-E motherboard. I was really looking forward to using 4 gig of memory to render with.

From what I read about Longhorn, as well, it sounds to be even worse with all the bullshit they plan to put in it. Hell, they can't get even one OS to work without problems before they start working on a new one with even more problems.

Comment

Agreed.

I live you damn microbastards
        Dmitry Vinnik
        Silhouette Images Inc.
        ShowReel:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

there is a new version of the chipset drivers out now which i have for my asus a8n sli deluxe.
          But im still having issues.
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

I think thats a sign.

Though shalt not use XP64

Comment

Weird, just render basically the same thing that gave me the error the first time and it rendered fine.

But then tried to up the turbosmooth level again and it crashed with the same error. Would have been 25milion polys. Now just gotta make that happen. Dynamic memory and proxies here i come

8.3million not bad i reckon.

Comment

Re: Memory Allocation Failure

Originally posted by DaForce
                Now I am assuming this error is just a general running out of memory error, but seemed abit odd and i havnt seen it before so though i might post it here to see if anyone else has experienced it before.
                The error message was added in recent builds, since it was hard to figure out if a crash occurred because of not enough memory, or because of some other software problem.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ah ok, that explains why i hadnt seen that error before.

On another note I changed the AA method for the render and cut close to 50% of the render times of the glasses
                  (thanks jacksc02, i cant believe i missed that hehe )

Vlado,
                  How come when you use Dynamic memory it no longer shows the poly count in the stamp properly?
                  I tried to render the glasses scene with 25million faces and the only way that could be done was by putting the dynamic memory to 800mb but then the poly count said only 41.
                  Is this a bug or a limitation?
                  (same thing happened when i used proxies, it didnt show the properly poly count either)

Comment

Working...
                  X