Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Benchmark scene (Max 8 Vray RC3 required)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sounds like a challenge!
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

• yep now you must hit the limit !!
      =:-/
      Laurent

Comment

• what.... your not going to buy "latest" hardware are you... surely you will be "wasting" your money as you used to say to all of us who bought X2's when they came out

Or will we need to wait till 2008 to see this 30second render

I would love to see 30s that would be very cool.... get too it

Comment

• Finished installing my new workstation
          Intel QX6700. Max9 x64
          I just can't seem to trust myself
          So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
          ---------------------------------------------------------
          CG Artist

Comment

• Well...Got everything up and running on my Dell Dual X5355 4Gb Xp 64 Max 9 64 Vray 64..etc.. Have not installed the 8800 gtx yet, but the time came in at 1:29. SO very nice indeed. And with the 1100w powere supply.....off to overclocking I go....If I only knew how to do it...LOL
            Eric Camper
            Studio 3D
            www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

• Originally posted by EricCamper
              ...but the time came in at 1:29. SO very nice indeed...
              RC3 or RC4, since the time is very different from the Tyan Dual 5355...

Comment

• oops....Rc3
                Eric Camper
                Studio 3D
                www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

• Has anyone tested their core duo laptops with this scene. My T5600 1.8ghz came in at 9:02. I'm wondering about a T7400 2.1ghz
                  "A severed foot would make the ultimate stocking stuffer"
                  -Mitch Hedberg

Comment

• more numbers

Intel Core Duo T2700 laptop 2.33GHz with 2GB ram = 438 seconds
                    dual Intel xeon 2.8GHz with hyperthreading and 2GB ram = 542 seconds
                    AMD 2600+ and 1GB ram = 1450 seconds

Comment

• Q6600 Quadcore 2gb Ram 2:53

Comment

• Well...I did a series of my own benchmarks....And on the old machine I had renders that took 1:35 and on the new 15 sec. The buckets just fly....Fly I tell ya...
                        Eric Camper
                        Studio 3D
                        www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

• You guys gave me they bug so I just ordered a dual 5320 setup, 4 gig ,Tyan S2877.

Can't waite to add this. I will use this for my main rig since light cache is still not enabled across the farm. Should make a big difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by TRGraphics
                            You guys gave me they bug so I just ordered a dual 5320 setup, 4 gig ,Tyan S2877.

Can't waite to add this. I will use this for my main rig since light cache is still not enabled across the farm. Should make a big difference.
                            Honestly, I got my single quad 4 month ago and it was top of the line, and now 4 month later the dual quads are out which are 3 times faster then my single quad. However it costs quite a bit. I would hold off buying such machines unless you absolutly have to, because in another 6 month we will see some dramatic changes. Then new amd quad which is supposed to be 60% faster then the current intel....as example.
                            Dmitry Vinnik
                            Silhouette Images Inc.
                            ShowReel:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                            https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

• The difference between rc3 and rc4 on my machine: dual xeon 3.6 ghz, 3 g ram. So when will rc 4 be released?

Comment

• looks like the beast ain't what it used to be

dual 2.8 xeon ht enabled
                                2gb ram
                                xp pro
                                cd burner :P

we'll see how this stacks up against the new beast in a couple of weeks time hopefully

anyone know if it's possible to use 64 bit vray with 32 bit viz/max btw? and if there would be any performance gain etc? (on 64 bit xp of course!)
                                when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X