Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

smal objekts get gi splotches, how to exclude.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smal objekts get gi splotches, how to exclude.

well, here´s my problem..

we render a long animation in an aviation airport. so we fly a way of about 500 m. while the flat bigger areas are allright, we do have on some of the walls smaler details,

settings right now are lightcach, flythrough, 0,1m and 2500 samples. after this, irradiance map, incremental add to current frame in high or medium with about 50 samples..

nothing special in here. but still the gi solution does produce gi splotches on the smal details. and we dont have any more time (if we had i would use qmc/irradiancemap..). now.

i thought, i could turn of produce gi for the smal details, but leave, receive gi.
    but i am not sure what to switch on and of.

what i want is, that the smal elements get the overall envirenementlight, but doesnt disturb the gi solution (doesnt produce artefacts), do i also have to switch on in the object settings, the "invisible to gi" button ?

any ideas ?

Tom

Hi Tom,
    You can try one of the followings:

Option 1: Use detail enhancement with a small radius, so your small objects would be treated with a DMC sampler.

Option 2: Use IR for animations and blend several IR maps together. That would help a lot I think.

Best regards,
    nikki Candelero
    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

If its only in a few small areas, render out your irradiance map as normal, then render out a still of the problem areas quite close up with a new camera and the settings on 'high' - you can then merge this into the other one and it should just add more detail where you need it.

Comment

Well thank you guy´s,

now i´ve found another solution that works fine.

As said, its allready a timeproblem.. 10 minutes animatiion around an airport.

included allready about 17 million polygons, that can be reduced, depending on the scene to about 5 millions,

of course , also vray proxys included, that also make up to about 60 000 000 polygons, thinking only of the chairs inside the building, plus planes, plus shops, plus ....

ok, only one week left for about 4000 frames and more..

we ve got about 9 fast computers here xp 64bit, but also have to produce 16 Still images, that have not been started...

so, detail enhancement and other methods would kill our time.

now what is interisting only is the vrayobject-propertys setttings,

here i found a switch to make objects invisible to gi.

ah... ohh,,, weell

now the wall behind the smal objects is clean as the skin of a baby, and the smal details still get the overal gi-light.

at the cost of very few smal gi details that get lost.

but it does the job very well..

thank you guys

Tom

Comment

Working...
        X