RenderFarm Monitor Software "ReFaMo"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dazk View Post
    Looks good - just ordered a copy through your web site.

Is there a way to add in a timer/calendar so that we can schedule in automatic shutdowns/startups (ie switch the renderfarm off during holidays or weekends, and start them back up first thing on a Monday morning?)

Well the calendar feature is something we can add but not sure if indeed it is a useful feature.

It makes more sense to render finish the job and then Refamo (using the energy saving feature) automatically shuts down the farm...
    www.ixor3d.com - VFX & 3D Anim
    Renderfarm Control & Monitor Software

Comment

I would really like to try this out.
      Is there any chance of getting a demo version before jan 2009?
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Yeah I would be interested in buying if I coul try a demo?
        Simon Askham - http://www.supercreative3d.com Rendering with Threadripper 2990WX Asus Prime X399 36GB DDR4

Comment

Please e-mail Ixor (info3d@ixor3d.com) for a demo request. We do have a trial version - just not public link yet.

Thank you,
          Andronikos
          www.ixor3d.com - VFX & 3D Anim
          Renderfarm Control & Monitor Software

Comment

Refamo looks interesting indeed.

One question.

If in energy save mode our renderfarm shuts down because being idle.
            How could we start those machines again automaticly when sending job from backburner?
            Or do we have to manually start slaves using Refamo before sending new jobs?
            Just trying to figure out how automated energy save mode could be.

-LarsSon
            Lasse Kilpia
            VFX Artist
            Post Control Helsinki

Comment

Just bought ReFaMo to monitor our 40 Dual Xeon farm and in about a day I can't
              no more leave without it The ability to have a global view of what's going on on the
              farm is an incredible value. But some really important stuff are missing.

- With only 40 machine it take around 1-2% of my cpu all the time.
              Good solution would be to have a control of the interval for the refresh.
              In my case ReFaMo will be always open and visible so a refresh of the data at
              interval of 5-10 second or maybe at every 30sec will be enough.

- A sorting option for the name of the machine will be great, cause adding machine
              and move it up 50 time is not very efficient.

- A column to display the IP of those machine will be also a great information to have.

- Possibility to chose what's hard drive to monitor cause I have machines that have more
              then a drive and I don't know if ReFaMo do a global Disk % off all drive or pick only C: ...

- Maybe a option to display or not the machine that are down or not connected.

- The ability to display or not some of the column information cause for me the
              uptime is not very important.

- Have a option to just display ReFaMo icon in the tray not in the taskbar.

Make it the best monitoring farm tool in the world!!!

regards,

Comment

I'm wondering how this software works with the DR spawner. Can it detect when nodes go idle and restart the vrayspawner90.exe? I don't use the spawner as a service because I had problems with lost buckets, but I do find that with BBurner renders quite often the DR nodes drop out. If I restart the spawner it picks up again, but I'm looking to find a way to have that happen automatically. Is this something REFAMO can do?

b
                Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
                e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Working...
                X