Do you use DR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm but wait ! i just found something strange... :

Shared light cache on network map (ex : x:\maps\toto.vrlmap or \\mypc\maps\toto.vrlmap) is well loaded by slaves when Vrayspawner is not a service. but when it's launched as a service, don't know why, but the lightcache map is ignored, and slaves makes wrong dark buckets.

someone have encountered the same problem ?
    Jérôme Prévost.
    SolidRocks, the V-Ray Wizard.
    http://solidrocks.subburb.com

Comment

Originally posted by Subburb View Post
      Hmmm but wait ! i just found something strange... :

Shared light cache on network map (ex : x:\maps\toto.vrlmap or \\mypc\maps\toto.vrlmap) is well loaded by slaves when Vrayspawner is not a service. but when it's launched as a service, don't know why, but the lightcache map is ignored, and slaves makes wrong dark buckets.

someone have encountered the same problem ?
      Maybe it´s the problem I described in my thread: When the spawner is started as service it (and the subsequent max-session) runs under the user "SYSTEM" by default - if this user has no access-rights to the network-drive it cannot load anything. The service has to be modified to start under a certain user having access-rights. Starting manually both - spawner and max - run under the user currently active and then there are no access-problems.

Comment

got backburner going right now, but that's because i want to keep working on multiple jobs at the moment, if i only had one job going i would use DR instead which is most of the time.
        WerT
        www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

All the time. Even with BB. Best thing since sliced bread!
          Max 8 SP3
          V-Ray 1.5 SP2
          WinXP SP3
          Dual Xeon 3.4GHz
          2GB RAM

Comment

at my company we have historically stayed well clear of DR because of it's lack of interaction with backburner
            http://www.glass-canvas.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by GLASS-CANVAS View Post
              at my company we have historically stayed well clear of DR because of it's lack of interaction with backburner
              Maybe historically, but it is now fully integrated.
              "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

I'm trying to switch over to using the DR Spawner as a service, but still having dropped buckets. The odd thing is that I have 5 possible nodes, and I can get each one to work fine on it's own, and in various combinations, but if I put all of them on then some of the machines render black buckets. It is not always the same machine causing the problem.

All work fine with the DR spawner launched manually, and all all seem to work fine when they are the only DR slave, or one of maybe 2-3. After that it's a crap shoot.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
                b
                Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
                e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Working...
                X