No announcement yet.

Animation (prepass) Flickering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i find when using camera path option on I received flickering a lot often especially with 2sided curtain material and object animation....

Comment

Hmmm the incoming fly wizard don't use the "use camera path option". this option is useful on very specific situations (very little cam movement)
      Jérôme Prévost.
      SolidRocks, the V-Ray Wizard.
      http://solidrocks.subburb.com

Comment

prepass animation showing samples

Vlado, I am having trouble with this. check out the imagesClick image for larger version

Name:	cam1-0200.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	271.5 KB
ID:	843515

I have show samples turned off, but his is what the final render is showing.

I am using your method 1 for prepass animation for moving objects
        res3d

Comment

Case II - "Use light cache for glossy rays" is ON

Phase 1 - calculating the irradiance maps
          1.1. Set the light cache to "Single frame"
          1.2. Optionally turn off the "Store direct light" option for the light cache
          1.3. Set the irradiance map mode to "Animation (prepass)"
          1.4. Render all the animation frames to produce an irradiance map for each frame

Phase 2 - render the final animation
          2.1. Keep the light cache to "Single frame" mode
          2.2. Set the irradiance map mode to "Animation (rendering)"
          2.3. Optionally reduce the "Interpolation samples" to 10-15 and/or "Interpolation frames" to 1 to save render time
          2.4. Render the final animation frames

The only difference in the two cases is that in Case I, you can turn off the light cache for the final rendering, whereas in Case II, you need to keep it to single frame.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Hi Vlado, is this method still the good one ?
          if yes, that means that LC is computed twice, right ? (one time for IrrMap, and a second time for final render)

Is there a way to save each LC file and reuse it for final render in this case ?

Thanks by advance,
          Jérôme Prévost.

Comment

snif... any answer ?
            Jérôme Prévost.

Comment

Hello, i finally made this tool, named MOAWiz (Moving Objects Animation Wizard). IT have 2 ways : one-pass render - everything in single frame mode- and 2-pass render, this time using Irrmap Prepass and blending. I used the case 1 for the 2 pass method (use Lc for glossy off, secondary engine set to none for second pass). All in all, as far i've tested, this is the fastest choice.
              You can have a try with SolidRocks LITE. It's free, you can render anims in HD, limited to 120 frames. Not so bad for free stuff.. ?
              Any comments/crits are welcome for improving this wizard.
              Jérôme Prévost.

Comment

@Subburb
                Nice to hear that your tool is growing. I have two question:
                1. Is the MOAWiz suitable for animation with changing light situations. I have a scene with an entrance hall and some elevators. When the elevetor doors are opening the light come out of the elevator and give the scene some more light.
                2. Did you get an answer of your question with the precalculated lightmap? Have we to render the lightcache twice. One for precalc and one time for rendering?

thank you and best regards
                Frieder

Comment

@Frieder,
                  thanks !

1. Yes, it is designed for these kind of animations : Moving/changing lights, moving, deforming objects. in short, all except flythrough situations (only cam moving, everything static - wich is handled bu the FlyWiz in SolidRocks)

2. MOAWiz have 2 ways :
                  - 1 pass render. For each frame, LC and IM are computed in "single frame" mode and the beauty pass (final render) is made at same time. In this case, option "Use LC for glossy rays" is set to ON.
                  - 2 pass render. In this mode you'll render LC and IM in a first pass. (IM files - 1 for each frame - will contain all the GI information and will be stored on drive.). This time IM is computed in "prepass (anim)" mode and LC is computed in single frame mode, BUT with "Use lightcache for glossy rays" set to OFF. In this case (Use LC for glossies OFF), no need to compute again the LC at final pass. The second (final) pass will load each IM file and do the IM blending while rendering.

I choose to manage the "use lightcache for glossy rays" this way because of simplicity. But if SR users wants more options (2 pass with "use LC for glossies" set to on and recompute a LC at second pass, it can be done.

Hope it helps !
                  Jérôme Prévost.

Comment

Working...
                  X