• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh, sweet. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by duke2 View Post
      Any news on this?
      Yes

We will reveal feature set of our nature tools shortly after summer.
      Immediately followed with prereleases.

Davy

Comment

maybe with a significant discount to vue owners who want to "transgrade" ?
        Raj

Comment

Originally posted by rajdarge View Post
          Raj
          Ring up your health insurance company and tell them you've got Vue. They'll give you a few options.

Comment

my health insurance company thinks I'm dead, so no options there I'm afraid. Plus whenever I try and call them and mention vue, I can't hear them over the laughing.
            Raj

Comment

my health insurance company thinks I'm dead, so no options there I'm afraid. Plus whenever I try and call them and mention vue, I can't hear them over the laughing.
              Raj
              Personally I didn't take out the "victims of apathetic developers" cover, so i'm glad I never bought it. What shitted me off so much, is that unless you own the previous version, there is no upgrade path.

I was playing with Terragen2 a bit more on the weekend, and it's great, but I can't help but think if VRay sunk its magic teeth into it, the rendered results would blow you away in 1/10th the time TG2 takes (which is no dig at TG2 by the way, it actually renders fast enough for what it does after tweaking). In fact, the only thing separating Max+VRay with the capabilities of Terragen2 right now is layered displacements. You can displace it once, re-calculate the normals, and displace again based on the already displaced mesh (which allows you to do all sorts of things like overhangs). It's very flexible in that regard where VRay is quite rigid.

Comment

Raj
                ...I am quite sure you will not be bothered once we reveal feature set and our licensing approach.

Davy

Comment

anybody saw the vue8-demo at siggraph - are there any news on an working integration with vray?

Still would love to see a vue/vrayscene from vlado...

Matthias

Comment

Vue8 and vray works perfectly together.
                    I cant say anymore on it though
                    Chris Jackson
                    Shiftmedia
                    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Originally posted by jacksc02 View Post
                      Vue8 and vray works perfectly together.
                      I cant say anymore on it though
                      So many promises from so many software packages and it hardly comes in the timeframe mentioned if it all. (I'm talking not just about VUE but many other packages also)
                      Kind Regards,
                      Morne

Comment

hey chris j, we are struggling with xstream since ever, it´s somewhat our justdontevenmentionthesoftware, and now THIS few crucial words of sacred relief?!!!! i was pretty shure not to upgrade any more.....
                        Matthias

Comment

what specific problems are you having?
                          Chris Jackson
                          Shiftmedia
                          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

well, it´s just the question of how ist the lightsetup ment to work - which settings to use with vray to get the same reactions of light on both vue and max objects. right now we´re just tweaking vray to loog somewhat the same and then doing heavy comping... lost much time as we tried to get it working with mental (but we were used to vray of course, all matlibraries and workflows redoing with mental ist not the efficient way)

Comment

Originally posted by digitarch View Post
                              well, it´s just the question of how ist the lightsetup ment to work - which settings to use with vray to get the same reactions of light on both vue and max objects. right now we´re just tweaking vray to loog somewhat the same and then doing heavy comping... lost much time as we tried to get it working with mental (but we were used to vray of course, all matlibraries and workflows redoing with mental ist not the efficient way)
                              Yeah I think they probably made it work with VRay, but didn't take into account the workflows people use in VRay. It's worth writing a list of things that bug you and sending them to e-on and posting them here :P

Comment

Yeah good point George.
                                If you have an "ideal" Vue workflow for VRay send it through to me and I can pass it on through the beta channels. Just PM me.
                                Chris Jackson
                                Shiftmedia
                                www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Working...
                                X