Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some RT thought

Hello,

i justed installed the demo version of RT and i would like to share some thoughts (i even dare to say some critics :

- It's seems a great app, saw something similar on lightwave i think some time ago, and it really could help us to set up lights/materials much faster!
    - what a pitty you only have 180 seconds to test it ! Turn around your objects a few times, change some materials, and the RT window closes.
    - 320x240 resolution... how is it possible to test RT properly with this resolution ? In real life, i suppose you use it at least at 800x600
    - on my dual quad 64bit 8gb ram, it's still pretty slow at 320x240, even with a basic scene, so i can't imagine it with larger scene, and bigger resolution
    - is it worth 499 euros ?

Bye !

/muoto

We realize the demo is somewhat limited; hopefully we will be able to get out a less restrictive demo version later on.

As for it being slow - that depends on what machine you have. You can also use additional machines for DR to speed it up (we have tested it with up to 9 machines in total). Of course, it is likely that it will get faster.

As for whether it is worth the price - wouldn't know about that, but it certainly took a lot of time and developing efforts.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I bought it yesterday after trying out the demo.
      Depending on your rates it will pay for itself an a matter of days by saving you the time waiting for the usual testrenderings when setting up light, materials and reflections.
      Reflect, repent and reboot.
      Order shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        We realize the demo is somewhat limited; hopefully we will be able to get out a less restrictive demo version later on.

As for it being slow - that depends on what machine you have. You can also use additional machines for DR to speed it up (we have tested it with up to 9 machines in total). Of course, it is likely that it will get faster.

As for whether it is worth the price - wouldn't know about that, but it certainly took a lot of time and developing efforts.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        First of all, i am not really complaining or whatever.
        I use vray everyday, and i would'nt be able to work without it, and i make mostly my living out of 3d renderings. Vray is the best renderer speed/quality/support/forum i know !

I have a dual quad core dell t5400 (2xxeon 2.66ghz), which i would'nt call that slow

I just noticed that a reseller makes a 50% deal on RT if you have allready a vray licence, which makes it cheap ! I just bought a licence ! Vlado, you earn the money, no doubt !

Comment

shouldnt this be in the RT section?

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
          X