why this glass sucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why this glass sucks?

I want it to look like the second picture -> finalrender In other words like real life glass.

settings:

The VRay version actually looks more like real life glass IMO.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

If you are inside and it's sunny out then you won't get reflections unless the glass is tinted in some way. I think it all has to do with the way our eyes work in real time.

For an example you can see what I'm talking about by holding a black piece of paper up to the back side of a piece of glass and in bright light you will get almost a mirror effect.

--Jon

Comment

Try to use a falloff map on the reflection slot, because with only a vraymap you dont have any fresnel effect, then you should place the Vray map on the white slot.Or you can place the falloff map on the filter color of the vraymap and check fresnel.

But you will allways need to rise the reflection amount to 100 or close.

Gonçalo

Comment

fresnel won´t fix it, what is wrong is the color, everything that is behind the glass, has a weird color.

btw: I don´t want a lot of reflection in the glass just a bit.

Comment

Use a VrayMaterial

Comment

can't see your images...
            Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

I already fix it using a vray mat, the final render was kind of slow

Comment

Working...
              X