Bake 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bake 3D

Are there any tuts or helpfiles on using Bake 3D? I've had some sucess with it and some troubles with it and I plan to use it to make textures for a very complex VRML model.

Thanks.
    - Geoff

I vote for a full Bake3d tut too!

BTW, I minded if it is possible to achieve high quality/res textures with b3d or will it always give a somewhat compromised final look?

Regards,

Nenad

Comment

and is using baked textures faster than using irradiance map from file? what would the differances be?

Comment

Originally posted by R2J2
        and is using baked textures faster than using irradiance map from file? what would the differances be?
        It is faster, since you don't need no GI anymore after baking all the objects from the scene, thus no interpolation, only pure raytracing. Basically, bake3d converts the GI solution into textures on a per object basis. From that point, you can reuse it where ever you want. You can even render the finals in scanline! ... if you're nuts enough.

Regards,

Nenad

Comment

haha

Comment

Sorry, where is you tutorial?

Comment

If you can understand spanish I've recorded time ago one videotutorial, but bake3d has many bugs yet.

You can find it in www.3dpoder.com

Comment

Working...
              X