No announcement yet.

Vray 2.0 Upgrade cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've learnt on this forum that when something says "soon" we're talking years
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Originally posted by DVP3D View Post
      I've learnt on this forum that when something says "soon" we're talking years
      This time we don't really have that option.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Good news... Thinking about this new release I was quite confident that RT will be integrated in the main VrayPlugin...I'm happy that now it's real...and good news that it's coming...

Vlado, are there other features to show us or what we had seen until now it' all??

Comment

Originally posted by bardo View Post
          Vlado, are there other features to show us or what we had seen until now it' all??
          There is other new stuff of course, but we'll show this as we get closer to the release

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            There is other new stuff of course, but we'll show this as we get closer to the release

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I sure hope ull fix place highlight
            CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Well, we are working on a V-Ray version of the Light Lister tool, with some extensions.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              Nice! Will be great to have an official V-Ray light lister tool.

Comment

There will be an upgrade price to V-Ray 2.0, but it will be a lot lower than a full license. There will not be a separate upgrade from RT to RT GPU, as RT and RT GPU are going to be included in the V-Ray package (so, you only need the upgrade to V-Ray 2.0). I hope detailed info about this will be released officially soon.
                Wow, I didn't expect this. I have been putting off all upgrades in anticipation of VRay and it looks like it will be worth the wait. RT has helped me learn VRay much faster than without it... people using RT for the first time will wonder how they got along without it, esp. when it comes to lighting scenes.

Comment

This makes me happy....it'll make it that much easier to get this passed the bean counters here!!! Great job Vlado and everyone else at Chaos!
                  -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

And will be some discount, when You hace VRay RT CPU too?
                    AMD TR 7980X, 256GB DDR5, GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, Win 10 Pro
                    ---------------------------
                    2D | 3D | web | video
                    jiri.matys@gmail.com
                    ---------------------------
                    https://gumroad.com/jirimatys
                    https://www.artstation.com/jiri_matys
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAv...Rq9X_wxwPX-0tg
                    https://www.instagram.com/jiri.matys_cgi/
                    https://www.behance.net/Jiri_Matys
                    https://cz.linkedin.com/in/jiří-matys-195a41a0

Comment

Originally posted by QuakeMarine1 View Post
                      hm ... I bought Vray and RT
                      the update to 2.0 should be much lower vs. the common update price ?!
                      I also got vray AND RT so I hope Vlado will treat us somehow better I would love to be treatet like I was by Pixologic with their free upgrade of zbrush 4 for useres who bought number 3 But I think it's wishfull thinking
                      Luke Szeflinski
                      :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

Originally posted by lukx View Post
                        I also got vray AND RT so I hope Vlado will treat us somehow better I would love to be treatet like I was by Pixologic with their free upgrade of zbrush 4 for useres who bought number 3 But I think it's wishfull thinking
                        I don't want any discounts. I'm just happy that I can finally pay for the upgrade and support the development and the best software support I've ever had.
                        After all, in normal working production environment, the price of VRay is paid so easily.

-LarsSon
                        Lasse Kilpia
                        VFX Artist
                        Post Control Helsinki

Comment

I think lots of people here feel the same way LarsSon, I know I do
                          www.peterguthrie.net
                          www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
                          www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

Absolutely!! Been using it since 2004 with no upgrade cost. Vray paid for itself in the first two weeks! What other software company is like this? Even if we all had to pay full price, it would still be the deal of the century.

Comment

I purchased RT and have not been using it because of the differences between RT and non RT images. These differences and the image noise made it useless for my work flow. I also found that DR previews were almost as fast and produced much better quality. I wouldn't have purchased it had I been able to test the distributed functionality before hand. I will be disappointed if I have to pay the same price as those that didn't purchase RT since I paid for something I could not use. At this point I wish I hadn't purchased it.

Don't get me wrong I see the potential and I know there are others that used it with acceptable results. It just didn't fit my work flow.
                              It now looks possible to produce higher quality images faster with the new GPU capability so I am still interested.

Comment

Originally posted by LarsSonparsson View Post
                                I don't want any discounts. I'm just happy that I can finally pay for the upgrade and support the development and the best software support I've ever had.
                                After all, in normal working production environment, the price of VRay is paid so easily.

-LarsSon
                                Kiss arse! (only joking - I feel pretty much the same way)
                                Kind Regards,
                                Richard Birket
                                ----------------------------------->
                                http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Working...
                                X