No announcement yet.

Vray 2.0 Upgrade cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW.....any update on that VRAY 2.0 site youre preparing Vlado?

Best Regards
    Martin
    http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Gime new info damn ! I dunno if I should invest in CPU or GPU for my work doh !
      CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

I still think that CPU is still the way to go. The GPU stuff is still far from taking over for the CPU. Plus, you can always add higher power GPUs later. Having seen all of the latest GPU solutions, I am currently building a renderfarm based on Hexacore Xeons. I can use as much RAM as I can shove into each node.
        Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
        Midwest Studios

Comment

Originally posted by Donald2B View Post
          I still think that CPU is still the way to go. The GPU stuff is still far from taking over for the CPU. Plus, you can always add higher power GPUs later. Having seen all of the latest GPU solutions, I am currently building a renderfarm based on Hexacore Xeons. I can use as much RAM as I can shove into each node.
          Custom build? Share your motherboard of choice...

Also I need GPU for very VERY basic stuff... Blend material, blurred vray and Im very happy... Im not using almost any high quality textures so gime GPU !

Comment

VRayBlend material is currently not supported by VRayRT for GPU. Just an FYI. Any shader that needs more advanced logic doesn't work that well with the GPU or so that is how I understand it. Obviously, Vlado will be the one to provide a MUCH more accurate assessment or correct my understanding.

As for the rendernodes, I am using a barebones system from Supermicro that allows me to put 4 computers into a 2U Rack unit. Load it up with 8 processors, 96GB of RAM, 4 HDDs of your choice along with a copy of Win7 64bit. I will let you know how I get along with the Hexacores. I have already built one of these with the Westmere Quad core Xeons and it is humming along nicely.
            Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
            Midwest Studios

Comment

Humh from siggraph 2010 I remember from CG Architec video that there were 3 options for Vray GPU... CPU, GPU simple and GPU complex which could support blend materials...cant remember

Comment

Working...
              X