Metal renders very speckled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal renders very speckled

I have rendered several different metal materials. All of them are rendering extremely speckled. I am looking for a smoother, more dull finish on the metal. Does anyone know what settings can decrease the amount of speckling of the material?

Reflective glossy samples, most likely.

Comment

I have a light located on the left window to add more natural light entering the space. I have noticed that when I turn this light off, the speckling goes away. When it is on, I have now noticed that all the materials have heavy speckling on them. Any ideas?
      Attached Files

Comment

does the light (the one you're turning off and on) have "store with irradiance map" checked? perhaps try that?

Comment

What are your settings in general (material glossy subdivs, AA sampler etc).

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Checking "store with irradance map" worked perfectly. Thanks so much

Comment

Beware that this also reduces detail (shadow etc) to the resolution of the irradiance map. So diving for the actual
              reason (lightsubdivs ?) might be worth it

Regards,
              Thorsten

Comment

Here is a copy of my settings
                Attached Files

Comment

Have these settings been generated by Solidrocks or something ? If so then most settings cannot be changed as solidrocks will set them to its calculated values if i am not mistaken (from what i read on the forums).

Comment

Yeah I use Solidrocks. Can I just save the solidrocks settings and exit it, then change whatever is needed?

Comment

Those look like preview render quality settings with Solidrocks. Are you sure that you set the quality to at least medium for your renders? That would probably explain some of that noise....

b
                      Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
                      e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Working...
                      X