Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grant Warwick- Mastering Vray: Material Ideas Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree, name and shame to the person who is even thinking about uploading this!

I took a quick look at some of the materials, amazing stuff! They amount of work behind the materials...must be a lot of hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraggle View Post
      When you will officially ask him:
      "Sir, I save it in the "download" folder and my Torrent default folder is "Download" Folder too. Sorry sir."
      Torrents don't work like that, it couldn't have been an accident.

Comment

• It could have been a site that people pitch together to purchase something. I did a search awhile back, looking for something, and I found myself on a site that members pitch together. So, in this case, I can see 20 people pitching in $5. For some of us $100 isn't that much, but for others it might be a months wages. I am not endorsing those kinds of sites, but it makes sense. I think it's almost a Robin Hood type mentality.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• Originally posted by Sliver_Creations View Post
          I think I was not clear. I imported you object into my workscene. This gave me very long render times so I copied some of your settings like no aliasing and such to make it work a lot faster. I always work in meters so I wanted to test it in meters.
          The idea behind this project is that you start all new projects within the template scene.

Step 1- Choose HDR
          Step 2- Choose Shaders
          Step 3- Bring in models
          Step 4- Profit?

Originally posted by tricky View Post
          I can't believe that someone has suggested they are going to do the warez thing. FFS! The world is filling up with wankers.
          Not wankers necessarily man, we have all done it....I was 15 and earning 30 bucks a week once upon a time too just like everyone else here.
          We all know sooner or later this is showing up in the warez scene, the beauty is it will constantly be out of date.
          I've had so much to clean and redo over and over in preparation for releasing the video tutorials but once the release settles down, you should be getting a few new materials each week!
          Feel free to continue to submit requests.

Originally posted by AJ Jefferies View Post
          Sorry to derail this even further but I spent a good minute trying to work out why the poster on the back wall said "ANAL FIGHT" http://i.imgur.com/sSrAjNK.jpg

Typography!
          Lmao, anal fighting is a tough sport. I hope I'm ready in 2014!

Originally posted by daniel.reutersward View Post
          I took a quick look at some of the materials, amazing stuff! They amount of work behind the materials...must be a lot of hours.
          Some of those shaders are a bit out dated and you can see the varied methods I've experimented with in creating shaders. Some of them have had so much refinement it's a joke. Thanks for your support!

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
          It could have been a site that people pitch together to purchase something. I did a search awhile back, looking for something, and I found myself on a site that members pitch together. So, in this case, I can see 20 people pitching in $5. For some of us $100 isn't that much, but for others it might be a months wages. I am not endorsing those kinds of sites, but it makes sense. I think it's almost a Robin Hood type mentality.
          I'm just not going to let it get to me. If the warez community release it, I think I will just approach them, explain the situation to them that I've actually put a LOT of work into helping this community, I'm not some dickhead trying to make a quick buck off a piece of shit car lighting tutorial and bail.
          This is what I love doing and losing sales to guys who can't afford it or just don't give enough of a shit to buy it isn't going to ruin things for those who did purchase.
          admin@masteringcgi.com.au

----------------------
          Mastering CGI
          CGSociety Folio
          CREAM Studios
          Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• This is crazy news Grant.....what can i say.
            One would have thought that the 50 guys participating here are "clean". Of course it could be an employee but still its very sad and it kind of ruined my day really.
            I am not bothered abou the money, i will happy support you Grant for what you do.
            Lets track this bastard and hunt him down....no mercy...and if its a Robin Hood i will happily be the Guy of Gisbourne.
            Let me know if i can be helpful somehow! i will try and browse the dodgy forums and search for the leads!
            Lets make this stuff more secure too if possible???
            Fingers crossed!!!
            Martin
            http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

• Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
              This is crazy news Grant.....what can i say.
              One would have thought that the 50 guys participating here are "clean". Of course it could be an employee but still its very sad and it kind of ruined my day really.
              I am not bothered abou the money, i will happy support you Grant for what you do.
              Lets track this bastard and hunt him down....no mercy...and if its a Robin Hood i will happily be the Guy of Gisbourne.
              Let me know if i can be helpful somehow! i will try and browse the dodgy forums and search for the leads!
              Lets make this stuff more secure too if possible???
              Fingers crossed!!!
              Don't worry about it man. It doesn't affect your subscription or the amount of content you will be getting personally

----------------------
              Mastering CGI
              CGSociety Folio
              CREAM Studios
              Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• yes but i am part of this man.....its like someone did this to me. Keep strong!
                Martin
                http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

• Originally posted by grantwarwick View Post
                  Don't worry about it man. It doesn't affect your subscription or the amount of content you will be getting personally
                  nice idea

Comment

• Originally posted by grantwarwick View Post
                    The idea behind this project is that you start all new projects within the template scene.

Step 1- Choose HDR
                    Step 2- Choose Shaders
                    Step 3- Bring in models
                    Step 4- Profit?

Just wondering, how about for larger interior projects?
                    Is the idea then that we are using the scene as a testing ground in the sense that if a model with material xyz looks good in there it will most likely look good wherever we put it?

Great stuff so far

Comment

• Hi Grant,
                      Sorry to hear about the warrez thing, never thought it would happen this fast.
                      Just a question for all of you guys/galls, I am primarily a Maya artist and was thinking of recreating the shaders in Maya so I can use them at work on projects, and learn from them at the same time.
                      I have looked around a bit but cant seem to find something similar to bercon maps for Maya. Could all the shaders be done with hand painted or photo textures or do I really need to kickstart the good old 3ds Max work at home lisence?

Cheers

Comment

• I tried the gold on my current interior scene, but with the default settings, it crippled me. Like an earlier wall paint posted on another thread, 256 subdivisions isn't realistic (at least not for me). I guess my point is, each shader might need to be tweaked for your need, like I did for the gold. Dropping the subdivisions down to 32 produced great results.
                        Bobby Parker
                        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• I may be off, but I think the point is to learn to make your scenes using his methods/settings, so using his mats in your already set-up, (your typical final scene) probably would be all wrong.
                          I can't talk though, since I still have not had a look at release #1 yet.

Comment

• My intent is to create a library out of it, use it, and learn from it.
                            Originally posted by voltron7 View Post
                            I may be off, but I think the point is to learn to make your scenes using his methods/settings, so using his mats in your already set-up, (your typical final scene) probably would be all wrong.
                            I can't talk though, since I still have not had a look at release #1 yet.
                            Bobby Parker
                            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                              My intent is to create a library out of it, use it, and learn from it.
                              Right on, I guess I misinterpreted your previous post

Comment

• Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                                My intent is to create a library out of it, use it, and learn from it.
                                256 subdivisions is a normal and standard value when utilizing Vray Correctly.
                                If you are only using 32 subdivs on shaders, Vrays antialiaser is doing far too much work!

All will be explained in the intro video.

----------------------
                                Mastering CGI
                                CGSociety Folio
                                CREAM Studios
                                Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X