Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grant Warwick- Mastering Vray: Material Ideas Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leufen View Post
    ivor88

In maya, use "create from vray plugin/texture". And you have all the bercon maps right there...
    Thanks Leufen

Comment

• Originally posted by grantwarwick View Post
      256 subdivisions is a normal and standard value when utilizing Vray Correctly.
      If you are only using 32 subdivs on shaders, Vrays antialiaser is doing far too much work!

All will be explained in the intro video.
      Hmm this is good info and the reason why I needed your settings. Almost all my scenes have 1/4 DMC settings and about 48 on the materials your way does make a lot of sense. Will be looking forward to the video!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sliver_Creations View Post
        Hmm this is good info and the reason why I needed your settings. Almost all my scenes have 1/4 DMC settings and about 48 on the materials your way does make a lot of sense. Will be looking forward to the video!
        Not to equate it to being freed from the Matrix, but it feels pretty good hahaha
        admin@masteringcgi.com.au

----------------------
        Mastering CGI
        CGSociety Folio
        CREAM Studios
        Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• different strokes for different folks
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

256 subdivisions is a normal and standard value when utilizing Vray Correctly.
            If you are only using 32 subdivs on shaders, Vrays antialiaser is doing far too much work!
            Sweet Jesus. I have my mat subs on 8...
            MDI Digital
            moonjam

Comment

• Try Mats on 8, Brute Force on 8, Lights on 8 etc ...oh and noise threshold on 0.001
              David Weaver

Senior "Belief Crafter"
              Realtime UK

https://www.artstation.com/artist/weaver

Comment

• Originally posted by AJ Jefferies View Post
                Sweet Jesus. I have my mat subs on 8...
                Disgusting

----------------------
                Mastering CGI
                CGSociety Folio
                CREAM Studios
                Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Really looking forward to the tutorials. I usally skipped using BF because of the general noise(most importanty lack of understanding how to get effectively rid of it) but with the speed increase in 3. I don't think I can ignore it any longer.
                  Last edited by Mokiki; 06-12-2013, 04:01 AM.
                  Cheers,
                  Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveKW View Post
                    Try Mats on 8, Brute Force on 8, Lights on 8 etc ...oh and noise threshold on 0.001
                    Guilty

We just throw more CPUs at the renders hoping to get it clean enough in a reasonable time.

Comment

• It's always been fast man!
                      In 3 though, the subdivs do seem to be roughly 25-50% more efficient. Crazy...

----------------------
                      Mastering CGI
                      CGSociety Folio
                      CREAM Studios
                      Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

It's always been fast man!
                        In 3 though, the subdivs do seem to be roughly 25-50% more efficient. Crazy...
                        Now you tell me pff. Where were you 2 years ago when I started? :P
                        Cheers,
                        Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

• Never fast enough on days like today!
                          Have 3 hours to amend and render 4 3000px interior shots, blergh

Comment

• I tell you guys who are subscribed, these metals are about to blow your cocks off.
                            By Studying the GGX brdf, I've managed to simulate the "bloomed highlight" effect seen on those slick chromes with the added bonus of being able to use seperate maps for the base and top layer.

----------------------
                            Mastering CGI
                            CGSociety Folio
                            CREAM Studios
                            Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Call me Donkey if you like... It's still a black hole for me all this setup and going through all the pages in the "DMC demystified" thread didn't make thing more clear. I probably need to go back to learn the basic.
                              Hope Grant video will really help to demystified it once for all.
                              Last edited by fraggle; 06-12-2013, 04:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraggle View Post
                                Call me Donkey if you like... It's still a black hole for me all this setup and going through all the pages in the "DMC demystified" thread didn't make thing more clear. I probably need to go back to learn the basic.
                                Hope Grant video will really help to demystified it once for all.
                                It's extremely difficult at first at least it was in my experience.
                                For a few years my ego got in the way and I thought I "knew" it all because I was getting cool looking renders. In fact I was using terrible settings and got away with it because I was willing to wait 16 hours to see my model at 7k.
                                Just gotta learn from the experience. I'm always learning new shit, so subscribers are constantly getting that new knowledge.

----------------------
                                Mastering CGI
                                CGSociety Folio
                                CREAM Studios
                                Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X