Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grant Warwick- Mastering Vray: Material Ideas Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morne View Post
    @Grant
    Now that Vray 3 is out, will you be updating the tuts and doing the future ones exclusively in 3?
    Soon as resellers get it together! Just waiting on licensing here.
    admin@masteringcgi.com.au

----------------------
    Mastering CGI
    CGSociety Folio
    CREAM Studios
    Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• I need a good mottled shiny screed floor where it's easy to vary the colour.

Can't remember on top of my head if you have something like that in there already...
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

• Originally posted by Morne View Post
        I need a good mottled shiny screed floor where it's easy to vary the colour.

Can't remember on top of my head if you have something like that in there already...
        I've got something for you.
        I've actually got another shader pack in the works too, just haven't said anything because I know how busy it's been but the website is basically done now.

If you've got me on facebook, send me a message with some reference and I'll make it specifically for you tonight.
        Cheers.

----------------------
        Mastering CGI
        CGSociety Folio
        CREAM Studios
        Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Is there anything more annoying than an Arnold fan boy? No....No there is not.

----------------------
          Mastering CGI
          CGSociety Folio
          CREAM Studios
          Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by grantwarwick View Post
            Is there anything more annoying than an Arnold fan boy? No....No there is not.
            Mental ray fan boy beats all...
            CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

• Originally posted by grantwarwick View Post
              Is there anything more annoying than an Arnold fan boy? No....No there is not.
              Two fanboys?
              Cheers,
              Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

• Originally posted by ralphr View Post
                Two fanboys?
                I had an all out war with a mate of mine today about what was better...

He was furiously defending it without even realising how QMC works :/
                By the end of the argument I was victorious and the 80k his company just spent on licensing the studio with Arnold may as well have been thrown in the garbage and burned.

----------------------
                Mastering CGI
                CGSociety Folio
                CREAM Studios
                Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Hi Grant, If you have the chance could you have a look at creating a zinc material, useful for a planter...Like the link below !

Every time i create it the render time goes completely through the roof and it just doesnt look real enough.

http://www.toptopiary.co.uk/media/ca...it-_2__1_1.jpg

Thanks.

Comment

• Hey grant, care to share how to win the argument? I am curious to learn the pros and cons of the two except the brute-force raytracing speed?

Originally posted by grantwarwick View Post
                    I had an all out war with a mate of mine today about what was better...

He was furiously defending it without even realising how QMC works :/
                    By the end of the argument I was victorious and the 80k his company just spent on licensing the studio with Arnold may as well have been thrown in the garbage and burned.
                    always curious...

Comment

• Well there was quite a few explicitives if you know what I mean but I'll cover some basic topics in the VRay 3.0 review I'm working on

----------------------
                      Mastering CGI
                      CGSociety Folio
                      CREAM Studios
                      Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Steveph23 View Post
                        Hi Grant, If you have the chance could you have a look at creating a zinc material, useful for a planter...Like the link below !

Every time i create it the render time goes completely through the roof and it just doesnt look real enough.

http://www.toptopiary.co.uk/media/ca...it-_2__1_1.jpg

Thanks.

Sure man, I'll ad it to the to-do but your best bet is to ad me on facebook and talk to me there

----------------------
                        Mastering CGI
                        CGSociety Folio
                        CREAM Studios
                        Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Any ETA on the carbon fiber material? Was looking incredibly good.

Comment

• I would love to explore your concrete shader, as well the way you would create a sandstone and/or terrazzo shader.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	sandstone.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	851389Click image for larger version

Name:	terrazzo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	851390

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexP View Post
                              There are a few standard materials applied to bits of Iron Man, is this intentional?
                              Sorry if I missed the answer, but I also have same question----^
                              additionally, I am curious about how you did the glowing eyes, too.

Thanks

Comment

• Hey guys

as the course is now available to the public and has quite honestly exploded in such a way that has blown my mind, I'd really appreciate if all questions or comments could be directed to the forum section on my site!
                                I'm keeping up with it all but barely so rather than taking a break this weekend, I've been figuring out methods to further streamline the customer support/ FAQ's

please head to www.grantwarwick.net as there is where you'll get updates the fastest!

The Iron man had a couple of standard materials because those were less important. It was more about showing the gold and armor materials! There is enough shaders in the Material Library to fill the other blanks!
                                the glow was done using the glare and bloom but it may have been disabled before saving the file!

I'll be going over all these features eventually.

Thank you all for the massive support I've got in returning to this crazy industry! It's helped me realise my goal of returning to the boxing ring so look forward to me smashing some guys this year!

----------------------
                                Mastering CGI
                                CGSociety Folio
                                CREAM Studios
                                Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X