Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grant Warwick- Mastering Vray: Material Ideas Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell yeah! Lets do lunch. I will email you to take this off forum
    Last edited by jacksc02; 30-01-2014, 02:11 AM.
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

• Got another material request Grant...

It's sports flooring, as seen on this site.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb_610A_FishFood.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	851330
      Having decent luck using imagesynth & multitexture, but wondering if it could be easier procedurally?
      Thanks...hope your probs are getting sorted

Comment

• Hey 3LP,
        Nice job, and I would like to have such a power horse at work.
        Do you mind to get it at a higher resolution to be able to see the subtle effect of such material?
        Thanks

Originally posted by 3LP View Post
        Yeah sure!
        I offered you a synchronized 10Mbps connection to upload your videos as well few weeks ago, that still stands as well.
        TBH, I already rendered all your materials for our internal material library (900x900 each)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18137[/ATTACH]

Let me know, I can send it to you.
        We could even have a beer one day after work

Stan

Comment

• Just watched Lesson 3 and it's great. Cheers Grant! Also thanks to Peter for the scene, it's a double whammy of education this week. Cheers guys.
          David Weaver

Senior "Belief Crafter"
          Realtime UK

https://www.artstation.com/artist/weaver

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveKW View Post
            Just watched Lesson 3 and it's great. Cheers Grant! Also thanks to Peter for the scene, it's a double whammy of education this week. Cheers guys.
            Great to hear!
            I am starting to believe!
            admin@masteringcgi.com.au

----------------------
            Mastering CGI
            CGSociety Folio
            CREAM Studios
            Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Just watched lesson 3 too and it was great. Wouldn't mind seeing one for animation purposes, specially with camera and characters moving. That's where i find its even trickier, specially if you have to keep frames below a certain rendering time, and noise free.

Keep it up man, really enjoying everything so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moriah View Post
                Wouldn't mind seeing one for animation purposes, specially with camera and characters moving. That's where i find its even trickier, specially if you have to keep frames below a certain rendering time, and noise free.
                That's the tough one. There's a lot you can do but there's cases where you can't have glossy everything, motion blur and brute force GI with no flicker at hd in 30 minutes a frame alas

Comment

• I just watched 3 and it is nice to see an arch-viz as your example. Thanks for your time and I look forward to the next one.
                  Bobby Parker
                  www.bobby-parker.com
                  e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                  phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                  • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                  • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                  • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                    I just watched 3 and it is nice to see an arch-viz as your example. Thanks for your time and I look forward to the next one.
                    Of course that a nice example, thanks for your effort Grant.
                    But it's an ideal one! Lot of natural light and just white plain wall, where even universal setting works very well and fast.
                    From my own limited experience, an interior with very small opening (natural light) and several artificial light = low light condition, it's very hard to get a render below several hours in HD and you can forget about BF! Even without any map!!!

Comment

• Send to me a scene you'd like me to test that has been troubling you
                      admin@masteringcgi.com.au

----------------------
                      Mastering CGI
                      CGSociety Folio
                      CREAM Studios
                      Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by fraggle View Post
                        Of course that a nice example, thanks for your effort Grant.
                        But it's an ideal one! Lot of natural light and just white plain wall, where even universal setting works very well and fast.
                        From my own limited experience, an interior with very small opening (natural light) and several artificial light = low light condition, it's very hard to get a render below several hours in HD and you can forget about BF! Even without any map!!!
                        Yep, recording just that at the minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by joconnell View Post
                          Yep, recording just that at the minute.
                          Oooooooo looking forward to seeing this one!
                          Kind Regards,
                          Morne

Comment

• The process is all useful but it's a pretty hellish scenario. The render times are pretty nasty but there's a swing between 16 hours and 3 hours in the render times. No matter what though it's a really nasty scene!

Comment

The process is all useful but it's a pretty hellish scenario. The render times are pretty nasty but there's a swing between 16 hours and 3 hours in the render times. No matter what though it's a really nasty scene!
                              Sweet! Excited to see!
                              Akin Bilgic | CGGallery.com
                              Modeler & Generalist TD

V-Ray Render Optimization
                              V-Ray DMC Calculator

Comment

The process is all useful but it's a pretty hellish scenario. The render times are pretty nasty but there's a swing between 16 hours and 3 hours in the render times. No matter what though it's a really nasty scene!
                                @John
                                Sounds like a typical day here
                                Bring it on!
                                Looking forward to see this stuff in action on a real scene

@Grant
                                Now that Vray 3 is out, will you be updating the tuts and doing the future ones exclusively in 3?
                                Kind Regards,
                                Morne

Comment

Working...
                                X