Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grant Warwick- Mastering Vray: Material Ideas Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way Grant, your website says to be expired.

Comment

Originally posted by grantwarwick View Post
      Colors need tweaking.

Here you go----> [ATTACH]15537[/ATTACH]

Sauce was 400cm wide (Sometimes you have to fudge scale with Xform mod to get desired effect with fog bias)

This looks awesome, but have to say I'm more impressed about the model,of the liquid there... How on earth you did that?

Comment

I bet it is hand modeled. Have you ever seen Grant doing polymodeling? Google it...
        https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Thank you Kosso_olli for that great tip (re Googling Grant).....

And Grant.... you are amazing ! Thank you so much for your instructional videos on Hard Surface Modelling - I'm inspired and learnt a ton. I sincerely thank you for your generosity, putting your knowledge out there into the 3D community
          Jez

------------------------------------
          3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
          Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
          ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Originally posted by JezUK View Post
            My pleasure. I learnt a lot from Grants tutorials, and I need that stuff daily. That is why I really want to see his tips on materials...

Comment

Wow! Why did I not find this thread sooner? This will be an amazing resource to have Grant, thank you.

I have a quick query about some of your brushed metal shaders? How would you go about getting rid of the poles so that the grain constantly changes direction and never converges into a single point?
              David Weaver

Senior "Belief Crafter"
              Realtime UK

https://www.artstation.com/artist/weaver

Comment

Originally posted by kosso_olli View Post
                I bet it is hand modeled. Have you ever seen Grant doing polymodeling? Google it...
                Hmm... I would say that poly-modelling is exactly what Grant does, and does very well. Maybe your definition is different from mine?
                Check out my models on 3dOcean

Comment

Originally posted by stef.thomas View Post
                  Hmm... I would say that poly-modelling is exactly what Grant does, and does very well. Maybe your definition is different from mine?
                  Sorry, don't know what you mean. Just wanted to say that Grant is one of the best modellers out there in my opinion.

Comment

Ah, I think I just misread your post. I thought you were saying that Grant didn't do poly-modelling, so I was a bit confused. No worries
                    Check out my models on 3dOcean

Comment

• That ice shader is the hotness! Looking forward to the finished tuts.
                      Reel 2016

Comment

• I would really like to get that anistropic silver material. That is just what I need for a project I'm working on. I have not been able to reproduce what you have. Beautiful mat!

Comment

• Wow!! Very Nice Materials. Lovely...

Best Regards,
                          Sangho Jung

Comment

• Originally posted by victorwol View Post
                            By the way Grant, your website says to be expired.
                            Working full time at Cream now so no need for a freelance website. Freelancing is pretty dog shit nowadays anyway lol.

Originally posted by victorwol View Post
                            This looks awesome, but have to say I'm more impressed about the model,of the liquid there... How on earth you did that?
                            Poly modeling. It took longer than expected but I've been modeling chocolate / liquid for years now so it feels natural. I've never done a print job that actually used a realflow sim.

Originally posted by JezUK View Post

And Grant.... you are amazing ! Thank you so much for your instructional videos on Hard Surface Modelling - I'm inspired and learnt a ton. I sincerely thank you for your generosity, putting your knowledge out there into the 3D community
                            No worries man. I got sick and tired of dumb asses posting pricy hard surface tutorials to the community that effectively jumped straight to complex shapes without giving any understanding of what modeling actually is. How it works and the laws behind it.
                            It actually infuriated me pretty badly, I could drop a few names but it's not worth it.

Originally posted by DaveKW View Post
                            I have a quick query about some of your brushed metal shaders? How would you go about getting rid of the poles so that the grain constantly changes direction and never converges into a single point?
                            All in the UV mapping I guess. That model is nurbs so it automatically has clean UV's. (From a tiling point of view anyway)

Originally posted by stef.thomas View Post
                            Good ol days! Hardstyle music while hard surface modeling.

Originally posted by AbeMata View Post
                            That ice shader is the hotness! Looking forward to the finished tuts.
                            Are any of you interested in pre purchasing the shaders I do have?
                            admin@masteringcgi.com.au

----------------------
                            Mastering CGI
                            CGSociety Folio
                            CREAM Studios
                            Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by grantwarwick View Post
                              [...]
                              Are any of you interested in pre purchasing the shaders I do have?
                              Grant do you mean the shaders itself or already parts of the tutorial?
                              Cheers,
                              Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

• Mee Meeeeeee Meeeeeeeee
                                CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Working...
                                X