Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correct workflow if CG object integration onto backplate... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything seems to match perfectly to me - would you please draw some regions to show me what doesn't match.
    There is some noise from the GI that's true but this could be easily resolved by increasing GI quality.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar_draganov View Post
      Everything seems to match perfectly to me - would you please draw some regions to show me what doesn't match.
      There is some noise from the GI that's true but this could be easily resolved by increasing GI quality.
      Hi Svetlozar,
      The major difference I notice is around the base of the candle stand.
      Considering the candle stand is applied with VrayMtlWrapper, I assume the effect is caused by bounced light from CG teapots around.
      But I am not sure if it is just the noise or something else? The candle stand area is completely black in the GI and matte_shadow render element and all other Render Elements in my test (except the Background render element, which is the original plate). If it is the noise, it should at least show up in some render elements....

Please let me know what you find.
      always curious...

Comment

The noise comes exactly from the GI, it is not something else.
        Unfortunately this GI information is not captured by any render element except the final RGB pass.
        There is a feature request about GI-matte render element but it is not implemented yet.

Comment

Unfortunately this GI information is not captured by any render element except the final RGB pass.
          There is a feature request about GI-matte render element but it is not implemented yet.
          Thank you for confirming this. I finally get some time to render out EXRs with AOVs and higher quality setting. Exactly like you mentioned that the effect is from GI of CG objects onto matte object.
          Hope to see this feature being implemented soon.
          always curious...

Comment

Hi Svetlozar and Vlado,

I would like to follow up on the GI-matte Render Element feature mentioned in post #78 to learn if it is implemented in the nightlies for Maya to address the noise issue cause by GI.

Thanks,
            Jason H.
            always curious...

Comment

It is not implemented yet.

Comment

I'm also commenting on a previous post regarding how to get a build up of Vray elements for the reflection (such as a boat on water). My comp dept recreates the beauty pass with all the separate elements but they only have a combined beauty layer in the water reflection. Is this available in some way as a 1-pass solution?

Comment

Simply, no. There's no way to have the reflections give you a pass for the lighting, reflection and speculars reflected in your water separately. It's a compound only.

Comment

I see. Well, that's something I'd like to request because it's sorely needed and has been for a very long time. It could even be a render 'mode' where the object to be reflected in (water in this case) is selected and then a separate render pass is run.

Comment

Yeah I understand why - it's definitely at the extreme end of compositing you can see a use case. With a lot of things moving to brute force path tracing it opens up a lot of possibilities for separating out contributions more easily, I'd say you'll see per light reflection and GI coming in before all the separate light components being available in reflections though.

Comment

Would be fantastic. Even a cheat now rather than the correct full-blown feature down the road would get us there.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                          Attached is the result with correct shadows.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19962[/ATTACH]

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Can we please have the max file for this as per Vlado's post here:
                          https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...252#post685252
                          Last edited by Morne; 07-02-2018, 03:54 AM.
                          Kind Regards,
                          Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post

Can we please have the max file for this as per Vlado's post here:
                            https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...252#post685252
                            Yes please, that would be helpful.

Comment

Scene attached.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Svetlozar
                                Kind Regards,
                                Morne

Comment

Working...
                                X