No announcement yet.

3d 360 panoramas for SAMSUNG Gear VR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super stupid question on cubemaps, but I've just started so bear with me.

The guide says I have to use a standard free camera, but will that work properly with Vray materials? I also had some issues with Forest Pack objects disappearing.

I would have experimented but I promised a quick test in a weak moment.

Comment

• Just needed to flip the phone into landscape mode
      Originally posted by wxyz View Post
      Got it to playback in stereo on the GearVR using H.264 out of AE, but it's rotated 90 degrees

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicinus View Post
        Super stupid question on cubemaps, but I've just started so bear with me.

The guide says I have to use a standard free camera, but will that work properly with Vray materials? I also had some issues with Forest Pack objects disappearing.

I would have experimented but I promised a quick test in a weak moment.
        With exposure compensation I'm getting very close to a physical camera (using 2016) but I am still wondering if the result is identical? I've always been told to avoid Max standard camera.
        Last edited by Nicinus; 05-04-2016, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone have managed to get 18432x1536 ANIMATED SEQUENCES cubemaps working in OrbX?

Cheers
          Stan
          3LP Team

Comment

• Can't even get the OrbX player to play the samples
            Originally posted by 3LP View Post
            Does anyone have managed to get 18432x1536 ANIMATED SEQUENCES cubemaps working in OrbX?

Cheers
            Stan

Comment

• Yes, but only 10-11 frames as JPG. We would need to have the the images encoded into OKX files that are device specific for us to play back longer sequences. You can supposedly get these from the Octane render now but I have yet to see it with my own eyes. It would be awesome if Chaos Group could make something similar work for rendering from V-Ray or if Otoy made their format available to others.

Originally posted by 3LP View Post
              Does anyone have managed to get 18432x1536 ANIMATED SEQUENCES cubemaps working in OrbX?

Cheers
              Stan
              Digital Storytelling
              Kim Baumann Larsen
              Creative Director

Comment

• Can you explain what the setup is to get those working, even with 10-11 frames as JPEG?
                Did you tried with the S7?

Vray is not really the culpit as it's more related to the app itself.
                We would need someone that can actually code a player that loads those jpeg sequence in ram.
                the S7 has 4 Gb of ram, so it should be able to contain quite a few images inside once it's fully loaded.

Stan
                3LP Team

Comment

• Hey Guys,

Has anyone else been having Overheating issues with the Consumer Version of the Gear VR? We have had the innovator edition working fine, but now with the Consumer version, it overheats after about 15/20 minutes of use (Using Samsung S6 phone).

Cheers
                  chris
                  www.arc-media.co.uk

Comment

• Yeah the phone does get seriously hot, havent noticed any adverse effects yet though.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexP View Post
                      Yeah the phone does get seriously hot, havent noticed any adverse effects yet though.
                      Hi Alex - it actually comes up with an overheating warning and cuts out. You can click and get rid of the warning but it comes back again shortly after.
                      chris
                      www.arc-media.co.uk

Comment

• Hmm we havent seen that no, just had a really really hot phone

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisjacks21 View Post
                          Hey Guys,

Has anyone else been having Overheating issues with the Consumer Version of the Gear VR? We have had the innovator edition working fine, but now with the Consumer version, it overheats after about 15/20 minutes of use (Using Samsung S6 phone).

Cheers
                          Chris, a friend has seen it on his Note, but my S7 has been fine. I don't really know if I have run it long enough yet for it to peak temp-wise.

FYI, I have my display brightness on Auto=OFF and it is set to about 50% - perhaps that has something to do with it...

-Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan Iglesias View Post
                            Chris, a friend has seen it on his Note, but my S7 has been fine. I don't really know if I have run it long enough yet for it to peak temp-wise.

FYI, I have my display brightness on Auto=OFF and it is set to about 50% - perhaps that has something to do with it...

-Alan
                            Thanks for your input Alan.

We have already tried turning down the screen brightness and put the phone in airplane mode (making sure no other apps were running in the background etc). Upon further testing this afternoon, it seems the innovator version also overheats and brings up the same warning after 15-20 minutes of continuous use. (we must not have used it for that length of time before!)
                            chris
                            www.arc-media.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X