No announcement yet.

3d 360 panoramas for SAMSUNG Gear VR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignore that - it's still 3840 x1536 - I dragged their file into AE CS6 and AE created a 3840 x 1920 comp, not sure why...

Comment

• Originally posted by FSGFX View Post
      its possible in maya...
      How do you do this with maya?
      You'd need to be plugged in to the computer though, no?

I was thinking of a stand-alone platform that lets you use gear vr anywhere to walk around your scene.
      It could be useful to show the scene to other people without having a laptop.
      Guido.

Comment

• Originally posted by deflix View Post
        Yes that's the problem with it for now, although word on the street is that Oculus home will become an 'option' rather than a requirement in the near future so as to stimulate more content. For now you can enter a kind of dev mode by going to settings/application manager and selecting gear vr service; click 'manage storage' and then turn on developer mode. The only issue with this is that it bypasses the gears internal IMU so there is no tracking, but you can preview certain things.
        Hi Jim,
        Just wondering if you had made any progress with the GearVR and the 18k stereo cubemaps?
        I'm considering buying one and I'd like to know the best way to view 18k stereo maps with other options like video implementation into the pano (partial part of the pano), hotspots etc.
        How do we get OrbX, can we download it from somewhere? And is it easy to add a pano image and view it?
        Is it as good as the native photoviewer of GearVR? I've been told that KRPano through GearVR is sluggish and not as crisp and responsive as the native GearVR apps so it seems that with the GearVR, KRpano isn't the best solution, but what is the best then?

Thanks a lot
        Stan
        3LP Team

Comment

• I'm looking to create some VR movies soon. They will be used on various headgear, initially the Oculus. I'm assuming that at the moment I can only render a spherical cam sequence from Vray meaning there would be no parallax !? Is this now in the latest build or do I still need to download the nightly to get the ability to render using the spherical cam with the lens correction ? Any help or links regarding the process to create this kind of VR experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I don't want to hi-jack the thread although I thought it was kind of down the same lines so I'll start another thread instead Sorry to be a pain.
          Last edited by stevesideas; 12-02-2016, 05:12 AM.
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve_Green View Post
            Not sure if it's a new thing - but I noticed that someone released a video in H265 60fps 3840x1920 with a 30Mb limit. (Sonar)

Last time I looked there was a tradeoff of resolution vs framerate in the MilkVR specs - but it seems to play fine in the app.
            Do you have a link to that? I'd like to see it.
            ------------------------------------------------------------
            V-Ray 6.20.06, 3ds Max (3D Studio thru Max 2025), GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x CPU, Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 Ram, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD
            -----------------------------------------
            Autodesk Expert Elite Member

Comment

• How do I create a 360 mp4 for the Samsung GearVR from a sequence of 8192x2048 stills?

Comment

• If the Samsung Gear VR uses side by side I think you just need to use the side by side rendering method from the Vray steroscopic rig and then find an appropriate VR player. I may be completely wrong but that was my understanding of it.

...you would of course use the vray spherical camera with a 360 FOV.
                Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

• Originally posted by wxyz View Post
                  How do I create a 360 mp4 for the Samsung GearVR from a sequence of 8192x2048 stills?
                  I've spent the past week trying to figure this out. I've read hundreds of post and literally spent 30-hours researching it. Apparently there are some bandwidth issues but even given those, there doesn't appear to be a single open-source player available. I saw a rumor that 'krpano' might be working on something.

I've asked the question on about 5 different forums and so far no one has answered me or given me any ideas. If you find something please post back here. I'm looking also.
                  V-Ray 6.20.06, 3ds Max (3D Studio thru Max 2025), GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x CPU, Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 Ram, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD

Comment

• Found this on the web:
                    360 videos in Oculus are implemented using spherical mapping to render panoramic videos.
                    For your 360 video to be compatible with Gear VR, add "_360" to the end of your file name (e.g. Test_360.mp4).

But can't figure out how to get AE or Premiere to output the mp4. Maybe I need this?: http://www.mettle.com/
                    Has anyone tried it? Do I need to use Fusion?

Comment

• I think you may have to use H265 ... I had to use it in order to output the MilkVR size requirements of 4096x4096 which h264 just doesn't support.
                      Adam Trowers

Comment

• Thanks for the tip...will try.

Comment

• How do you export easily to H264?
                          Possible through AFX or premiere? or does it needs to be done through ffmpeg?

Cheers
                          Stan
                          3LP Team

Comment

• Originally posted by 3LP View Post
                            How do you export easily to H264?
                            Possible through AFX or premiere? or does it needs to be done through ffmpeg?

Cheers
                            Stan
                            I've started to like Media Encoder in Adobe Cloud CC more. I easily export H.264 and H.265 from it and have had good results.

Comment

• Originally posted by wxyz View Post
                              Found this on the web:
                              360 videos in Oculus are implemented using spherical mapping to render panoramic videos.
                              For your 360 video to be compatible with Gear VR, add "_360" to the end of your file name (e.g. Test_360.mp4).

But can't figure out how to get AE or Premiere to output the mp4. Maybe I need this?: http://www.mettle.com/
                              Has anyone tried it? Do I need to use Fusion?
                              Skybox looks like a great plugin for AE but I didn't see anything about Stereo VR 360. It says it supports cubic maps but I saw no mention of 'stereo'. I looked through the manual too and there was nothing about stereo.

That's the task I'm finding difficult. I can easily create a Google VR single 360 video. But I can't figure out how to publish a 360 stereo VR piece.

EDIT: I just watched their video about the Premiere Plugin and at the end they talk about stereo. I need to investigate this further.
                              Last edited by RobH22; 04-04-2016, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Got it to playback in stereo on the GearVR using H.264 out of AE, but it's rotated 90 degrees

Comment

Working...
                                X