Dear Chaosgroup - Tutorials please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vlado View Post
    Well, I was thinking I will probably do a tutorial on this myself. Maybe then someone will listen

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Eagerly awaiting this.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      Well, I was thinking I will probably do a tutorial on this myself. Maybe then someone will listen

Best regards,
      Vlado
      This would rock!
      Really looking forward for this as well!

Stan
      3LP Team

Comment

For what it's worth and while we're all waiting, Grant Warwicks mastering vray program is pretty awesome and well worth the $$.
        http://masteringcgi.com.au/masterings/

Comment

I would also like to see optimal settings for interior and exterior architectural renderings as well as the most up to date lighting workflow.
          Dome with HDRI vs. vray light vs vray sun.

Comment

Optimal is a slightly misleading term since ever scene is totally different and has factors that affect what will cause the renderer problems. It's getting simpler thankfully

Comment

I think this is a fantastic idea purely because of the sheer amount of mis-information available.

"add 10 fill lights set to invisible, change your light cache to 50,000 subdivs, enable sub pixel mapping and set your noise threshold to 0.000001"

I wince every time I see stuff like that on forums, but it's become so common and so long winded trying to correct it that I don't even bother these days. It would be great just to be able to simply say "shut up, read this".
              Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Comment

The subdiv multiplier is a fantastic change in this regard, it used to be a struggle between things that need lots of AA and things that were geometrically simpler but needed more material sampling. Now we've got both to hand.

Comment

Yeah what you said kinda doesnt make sense to me - which i need explained somewhere... i mean it makes sense, but i dont know exactly how to impliment it without guessing.

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
                  The subdiv multiplier is a fantastic change in this regard, it used to be a struggle between things that need lots of AA and things that were geometrically simpler but needed more material sampling. Now we've got both to hand.

Comment

subdiv multi in vray object settings. like the one in dmc but per object. lower it considerably for trees for example.
                    Marcin Piotrowski
                    youtube

Comment

@ John and Vlado, by the way John, how far is your new tut you mentioned in another thread on here, about the "new way" of rendering with the VRay3 and the latest way of thinking? Looking forward to that, and also Vlado's tut.

@Lele, now that Lele is working for ChaosGroup (wikihuman), maybe we can get some NEW tuts from you also?!? Will never forget your 1.5 LWF tut and can't enough say thanks for THAT one!
                      Kind Regards,
                      Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
                        @ John and Vlado, by the way John, how far is your new tut you mentioned in another thread on here, about the "new way" of rendering with the VRay3 and the latest way of thinking? Looking forward to that, and also Vlado's tut.
                        What I'm reckoning at the minute is taking a break from work for about a month or two and doing a course with Grant Warwick, it'll be shorter than his materials one since there's less stuff to cover, but I want to do a tonne of good explanations of the theory of how things work so the viewer understands what factors in their scene are going to have an effect on sampling and how to go about solving them, as well as having a look at some production scenes typical of what different vray users come up against.

Comment

What I'm reckoning at the minute is taking a break from work for about a month or two and doing a course with Grant Warwick, it'll be shorter than his materials one since there's less stuff to cover, but I want to do a tonne of good explanations of the theory of how things work so the viewer understands what factors in their scene are going to have an effect on sampling and how to go about solving them, as well as having a look at some production scenes typical of what different vray users come up against.
                          Cool keep us up to date with that! That sounds awesome, especially the production scenes. Hopefully there will also be NON-Archviz stuff in there!
                          Kind Regards,
                          Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
                            @Lele, now that Lele is working for ChaosGroup (wikihuman), maybe we can get some NEW tuts from you also?!? Will never forget your 1.5 LWF tut and can't enough say thanks for THAT one!
                            Hey, I am NOT working WITH them, eheh.
                            I'm just one of the many perusers of the material!
                            I guess by now you found the linkedin or FB article?
                            Lele
                            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                            ----------------------
                            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                              Hey, I am NOT working WITH them, eheh.
                              I'm just one of the many perusers of the material!
                              I guess by now you found the linkedin or FB article?
                              Jip found it thanks. "for them" I was referring to your LinkedIN profile...
                              Kind Regards,
                              Morne

Comment

I AM a Chaos employee, I AM NOT a wikihuman contributor.
                                Those guys are in a different league than my own...
                                Lele
                                Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                                ----------------------
                                emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                                The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
                                X