irr map settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• irr map settings

I'm playing around with doing a vray animation but I keep getting flickering. I render the irr map every 10 frames (I'm just moving a camera around a teapot - nice and simple!). then I render the animation out as sequential tga files and they come out as one light and one slightly darker, then back to light, etc so when move it to the RAM player the animation flickers. Is there anyway of stopping this?

(BTW Randomise samples in the advanced irr map section is deselected)

Merch

Is it the most recent version of VRay? Try the flicker editor :P

--Jon

Comment

This is the never ending story of the Vray auth manifestation (caught with the smoking gun or not, anyways...).
      Please contact vray@chaosgroup.com for further info.

Comment

http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...pic.php?t=5985
        Natty
        http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Well, I'll help you night and day Merch, if you're a registered user and my words suggested you were not. We'll get rid of this flickering.

Comment

Couldn't help myself

In every single case I've read about. The authorization problem is completely different than the this problem. Every time someone mentions this flickering and gets a response they disappear from the forum. I'm sure Vlado doesn't say anything about it for a good reason so I don't see any problem in helping him with his defense efforts.

--Jon

Comment

Ah, figured out what I was doing wrong.

Thanks for all the votes of confidence.

Merch

Comment

Glad to here you solved it .... what was it ?
                Natty

Comment

We really need the "official user" images back even if it was just text. These sort of threads are always painful for me to read
                  Eric Boer
                  Dev

Comment

Originally posted by RErender
                    We really need the "official user" images back even if it was just text. These sort of threads are always painful for me to read
                    Id have to agree with you on that one RErender.

-dave
                    Cheers,
                    -dave
                    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Well, when there's a unrecognized and needfull user to help...
                      We're not the V-Ray police neither some licensed cops.
                      Just a helpfull community which helps for free.

(I still can remember the time I've been caught with the smoking gun on this forum. Cough cough )

Comment

lol also a good point Biohazard

-dave
                        Cheers,
                        -dave
                        ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

I would be happy if we just agreed not to post anything if we are unsure of a users legitamacy... There are too many causes and definitions for "flickering", many of which happen in a properly purchased/licensed copy.
                          Eric Boer
                          Dev

Comment

i think we all know the difference between flickering elements in an animation and frame to frame greyscale level change, which is an autho problem.

we are here to help, but ive paid for my copy of vray and it annoys me when these people come here ask WHY .... then claim they are legit and then disapear never to return? Odd dont you think.
                            Natty

Comment

Originally posted by J_Bug
                              Is it the most recent version of VRay? Try the flicker editor :P

--Jon
                              I don't think this is how "the V-Ray police" would act. The "Razz" :P communicated that.

You guys are acting like the Vray police POLICE. What a vicious cycle though. Many of use have used and are still illegally, or more importantly IMORALLY, using software and breaking the standards of intellectual property. This could be justified by certain ideologies but, IMHO, for our current level of society it should just be common sense that it's wrong. I also think that we can look at it in a different way for a small yet so important company like Chaos. These guys are affected DIRECTLY by ANY illegal copies of their software and I think it's more important to defend them in any way. It's different, still not justified, if a company like discreet looses a couple sales.

Comment

Working...
                              X