No announcement yet.

irr map settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony, I just mention that the piracy problem is annoying here in Norway too, and you proceed to accuse me of being just as guilty as the pirates because I allegedly do nothing about it! And where did I support being a smart ass? Just curious as to how you read all of that between the 1.5 lines in my post...
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

EGZ , I was not speaking to you specifically about smartass remarks or anything in my post. I'm sure I said "you guys". And if you read some of the earlier posts there were some remarks made, in my opinion.

Perhaps it's a moral issue as to weather anyone reports someone they know to be stealing. To me, there is no issue, especially if my means of earning a living is at stake. I can understand if someone else would rather not tell on someone for there own personal reasons.

You brought up the fact that you knew companies that are using illegal software, I didn't accuse you of anything, you admitted to this fact, casually or not. I was trying to say that its wrong not to report those people or companies. And in Texas, it is a crime not to report another crime that you have direct knowkedge of. Perhaps it's not that way in Norway, I don't know.

My intent was not to insult you or anyone. It was to get people to report the problem to the proper authorities that can actually get something done. That way, we all win!

Tony

Comment

Just a small note, when I do have proof or know 100% that a company is using warez then yes they do get reported to the proper authorites.

-dave
        Cheers,
        -dave
        â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

Thats great Dave! If we all were more aggressive about reporting piracy it would certainly help our industry and our ability to make a descent living.

Man, I sound like a damn cheerleader or something, sorry guys, I'll shutup now.

Tony

Comment

another "flickering" tread.....

don't know what to say......but I think if people could post a little snippet of the animation to give people an idea of what kind of problem it is.....then it would be much easier to decide how to react.

we also had some slight flickering issues on an animation rendered on 15 comps.....it was very slight but yet it was there.....we were never able to figure out what it was though (and yeah we have authorized full advanced versions of vray).....so what I'm saying is that it's hard to judge before we see an clip........

and yeah, I'd love to try out the "flicker editor", Jon....hahahahahah

paul.

Comment

hehe...i use vray free and i do get some flickering....so...am i a legal user or am i a thief if my animation flickers....

remember i get flickering too...

Comment

i think people are getting a little confused what is ment here .... Flicker within the animation is a completey different thing to frame to frame flicker DIFFERENT RGB LEVELS FROM FRAME TO FRAME
                Natty
                http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Natty, take it easy, you are getting stressed out

Comment

deja vu...is it possible that gamma settings being different from computer to computer over a network could start a flickering?

---------------------------------------------------
                    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
                      deja vu...is it possible that gamma settings being different from computer to computer over a network could start a flickering?
                      yes

Comment

Dynedain,
                        No. The Gammas were all identical.
                        We are still not sure how it was possible. In the end we just isolated the machines, and excluded them from the job.
                        sigpic

Vu Nguyen
                        -------------------------
                        www.loftanimation.com.au

Comment

One possible issue is/was in 4.2 where SSE instructions could cause renders frames to vary in brightness, between SSE optimized maches, AMD's etc. this is documented in Discreets knowledge base.
                          Eric Boer
                          Dev

Comment

Working...
                          X