Berconmaps for 3ds Max 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berconmaps for 3ds Max 2016

Is there a version Berconmaps for 3ds Max 2016?
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas A. Edison

Install Berconmaps for 2015 on your max 2016. works great.
    This is a signature.

Comment

Sooner or later we'll have to find a good replacement for Bercon. Something that can get developed more. Don't get me wrong, Bercon is awesome, it's just that the original author is not doing anything with it anymore and we can't ask Vlado everytime to recompile it for a new version like the last one, or can we?

Can't it just become part of V-Ray? That would be great
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

Totally agree !
        I don't know if it could be a part of Vray but I'm sure that a lot of people (including me) would be really annoyed if Bercon maps could not be used with future versions of max....
        (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

I'd say it should be a part of 3ds max actually, not V-Ray.

mekene

Comment

I deeply agree!

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
            Little Antman
            See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
            Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

Its strange that 3rd party plugins, like Walls & Tiles, relay on other scripts that are not being developed. It sounds like a house of cards.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com
              e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
              phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
              • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
              • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by theedge View Post
                I'd say it should be a part of 3ds max actually, not V-Ray.
                Completely agree !! but I do not expect anything from Autodesk :P
                (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

This is why Ive stopped using them, despite how good Bercon noise is, there's no point until they're supported for future releases.

Comment

Totally agree, Bercon Maps are great, but I don't want to get reliant on them, only to have disappear when Max gets updated.

I'm already having to use Max 2014 just so I can use Illustrate, and Max 2016 for everything else, it's a pain.
                    Garry Clarke
                    Technical Illustrator
                    www.garryclarke.com

Comment

Well, there is this feature : http://3dsmaxfeedback.autodesk.com/f...dural-textures that is under review since... 2011. So let's keep hope

mekene

Comment

Why is the issue of old plugins not working with new versions such an issue with Max?

From memory, Maya plugins don't typically need to be recompiled for every version. Or at least, it's less common?

Comment

Originally posted by Richard7666 View Post
                          Why is the issue of old plugins not working with new versions such an issue with Max?

From memory, Maya plugins don't typically need to be recompiled for every version. Or at least, it's less common?
                          This is pure speculation from my side but I suspect it's because at the moment Max is going through a core rebuild in order to to get it's code up to date with today's hardware and software capabilities. Because of this, they gradually rework the core code every 2nd release so plug-ins have to be recompiled every 2nd release.

If my memory serves right, Max is actually based on an ancient core code which dates back to DOS days and hasn't been touched much since then. Every new addition is bits and pieces of code stitched on top of this old core which has lead to Max becoming a bloated mess. You can even see this by the sheer size of the installation - it's several gigabytes while Blender is just a couple of hundred megabytes! And it's not like Blender can't do pretty much the same things as Max (it even has built-in sculpting and painting which Max doesn't have).

Would someone be able to confirm my theory?
                          Aleksandar Mitov
                          www.renarvisuals.com
                          office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
                          AMD Ryzen 9 9950X 16-core
                          64GB DDR5
                          GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Comment

I don't know the exact reason why Max needs it's plugins recompiled but I've been using Max since 2.5 and it's needed new plugins nearly every time.

Sometimes plugins last across 2 versions and still work (2015/2016 for example). It's a huge pain, and one of the reasons I skip every other Max version, as by the time all the plugins have been re-compiled the next version of Max is due.
                            Garry Clarke
                            Technical Illustrator
                            www.garryclarke.com

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_M View Post
                              This is pure speculation from my side but I suspect it's because at the moment Max is going through a core rebuild in order to to get it's code up to date with today's hardware and software capabilities. Because of this, they gradually rework the core code every 2nd release so plug-ins have to be recompiled every 2nd release.

If my memory serves right, Max is actually based on an ancient core code which dates back to DOS days and hasn't been touched much since then. Every new addition is bits and pieces of code stitched on top of this old core which has lead to Max becoming a bloated mess. You can even see this by the sheer size of the installation - it's several gigabytes while Blender is just a couple of hundred megabytes! And it's not like Blender can't do pretty much the same things as Max (it even has built-in sculpting and painting which Max doesn't have).

Would someone be able to confirm my theory?
                              Well they have a whole team working on this software. Looking at the features they add/change each year, either that teams consists of 1 person or most of them are sleeping. SO instead of them sleeping they could've started with a clean slate. As they (up until now) charge every year for a complete new software they could've had a better (scalable) UI with an up to date core code. But yeah..what do I know
                              A.

---------------------
                              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
                              X