No announcement yet.

vray 3.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are still things that require manual refresh of IPR. Here are some I just tested:
    1. "User per camera exposure" and "Ignore per-camera exposure (use global)" in Physical camera exposure control tab of Environment and Effects
    2. All options in the Environment tab of Vray

Should I start a new thread about these in the Problems sub-forum?
    Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex_M View Post
      Should I start a new thread about these in the Problems sub-forum?
      Yes, please! It is a bit easier for me to track them if they are separate.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• Cool, I just created a thread about this.
        Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
        AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

• Originally posted by vlado View Post
          Did you report these issues? If yes, can you point me to the forum threads, just to be sure I didn't miss anything? If not, can you make a post about them?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Yep, I have already few of them in that one thread of mine. http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...R-improvements

They usually just bounce back. I mean, I should not separate make threads about individual render settings not updating when general assumption is that none of the render settings update manually in latest beta, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Recon442 View Post
            Yep, I have already few of them in that one thread of mine. http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...R-improvements
            Thanks! I have these in my list already.

I mean, I should not separate make threads about individual render settings not updating when general assumption is that none of the render settings update manually in latest beta, correct?
            No of course, I don't mean a separate thread for each single parameter But giving me a list of the parameters that you want to update during IPR (more detailed than "all of them" ) is very helpful.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• Small feedback for beta 2:
              When I see at the bottom of the frame buffer the "rendering" bar, it would be useful to see some time either how much time has passed or how much time remaining (approximately) (edit: in RT production i noticed that)
              Also when i add notes to my history renders, maybe pressing enter would be "save and close"?
              Idk if these help anyone or just me. Thanks
              Last edited by thanulee; 14-01-2017, 08:55 AM.
              www.yellimages.com

Comment

• Probably said again. When using IPR and i click to another viewport ipr starts rendering that viewport, while i just wanna only move something in there, without switching to that viewport.
                Will l be able to lock my IPR viewport or unlock it on the fly in the final 3.5? thanks
                www.yellimages.com

Comment

• What if that viewport is orthogonal (left/right/top/user) does it do it as well or is it only when both viewports are in perspective/ camera?
                  Stan

Comment

• Originally posted by Sbrusse View Post
                    What if that viewport is orthogonal (left/right/top/user) does it do it as well or is it only when both viewports are in perspective/ camera?
                    It does it both with persp/ortho. Maybe a lock icon in the VFB could help changing this behavior on the fly.
                    www.yellimages.com

Comment

• Originally posted by thanulee View Post
                      It does it both with persp/ortho. Maybe a lock icon in the VFB could help changing this behavior on the fly.
                      No need to add another lock when 3ds Max already has one in render settings. All it takes is to support it, like production render mode does.

Comment

No need to add another lock when 3ds Max already has one in render settings. All it takes is to support it, like production render mode does.
                        Exactly...
                        Nicolas Caplat
                        www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Yes, im not speaking UI wise. It would make sense to be where max is, but it would also make more sense imo in the vfb. Prefs :P
                          www.yellimages.com

Comment

Yes, im not speaking UI wise. It would make sense to be where max is, but it would also make more sense imo in the vfb. Prefs :P
                            No, it would only make sense in VFB as long as it's not anywhere else. If it already is somewhere else, then it's not a matter of preference but a matter of good vs bad design.

Comment

No, it would only make sense in VFB as long as it's not anywhere else. If it already is somewhere else, then it's not a matter of preference but a matter of good vs bad design.
                              First of all its ui related and not design. Plz, dont mention good n bad here. Different brains function different.

It could definitely be in two places with no issues. As it is in octanes live viewer.

Fyi, there are 2 saves in max, one in common tab and one in vfb tab. Some use max, some use vfb.

Its far more convient to have it next to ur refresh button in IPR and next to ur stop button. Makes more sense UI wise.

I just mention the functionality that im missing though and not where it should be. Thats the chaosgroup team choice and not urs either mine. Cheers
                              www.yellimages.com

Comment

First of all its ui related and not design. Plz, dont mention good n bad here. Different brains function different.

It could definitely be in two places with no issues. As it is in octanes live viewer.

Fyi, there are 2 saves in max, one in common tab and one in vfb tab. Some use max, some use vfb.

Its far more convient to have it next to ur refresh button in IPR and next to ur stop button. Makes more sense UI wise.

I just mention the functionality that im missing though and not where it should be. Thats the chaosgroup team choice and not urs either mine. Cheers
                                1, It could indeed by in two places, but it would cause issues.

2, Yes there are two saves, not because of users' preferences, but because of technical limitations of 3ds Max file output solution. And it comes with its own set of problems, such as some issues with render farms, render element output paths and that annoying dialog that you are rendering image sequence with no assigned file - frames may be lost.

3, Yes, it would be convenient, but only if the button was not somewhere else, as mentioned above. Then, there would need to be some advanced rules on how these two locks work together, which would cause more problems.

4, It's absolutely fine that you mention functionality you are missing. I am missing ability to lock viewport in IPR too... It's one of my biggest struggles with IPR at the moment, but you specifically mentioned VFB, and when I pointed out that it should not be in VFB as there is already one standardized button for it, you said it's a matter of preferences. And in this case, it's not. Yes, it's more convenient to have it in VFB, but if host application already supplements such functionality, then the renderer should be interfaced with it, if it does not posses any technical limitations, instead of implementing own solution in parallel.

I guess it would be possible in case the lock in VFB would somehow sync with lock in render settings, but AFAIK, syncing anything in render settings window is quite a PITA

Comment

Working...
                                X