No announcement yet.

vray 3.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a toggle somewhere to make IPR automatically refresh as soon as you draw a region? I realized that in most cases I want to draw numerous different regions in quick successions and hitting the refresh icon every time I draw a region gets really repetitive after a while. If it's not possible at the moment, is it planned in the final release? What do others around here think? Did you find yourself bothered having to click it every time, or is it just me? I think it will be really helpful thing to have. I think that Corona's IPR worked this way and I actually prefer it to the current implementation in Vray with the manual refresh. Maybe with Vray we can take it a step further and add a toggle that allows for manual update if you want to be sure that you've drawn the region correctly and then click refresh.
    Last edited by Alex_M; 04-01-2017, 05:36 PM.
    Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

• Yes, this will be in beta 2 - I just didn't have time to implement it for beta 1.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pixelcon View Post
        The new stuff is sooo cool

My problem at the moment is that when I right-click the render window, sometimes the pixel info window pops up (restricting my ability to access these cool new options) and sometimes it doesn't!

Is there something simple I'm missing to choose the behavior of this pixel info window?

Cheers!
        Anyone? Anyone at all?
        James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
        Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

• Hello,

The special right click menu should be active only while Active Shade is running. If it is not - then you see the pixel info window.
          Does the pixel info window pop for you while Active Shade is running ?

Best regards,
          Yavor
          Yavor Rubenov
          V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

• No it works "as expected" but I want those cool features for IPR :P

I had thought there might be a way to force IPR VFB to behave like the activeshade window...

Also, the auto-restart when you change resolutions is awesome in Activeshade mode... any chance we can get that for IPR also?
            James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
            Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

• Glad I'm not the only one thinking it's a cool feature that comes from FStorm
              Plenty other that hopefully will be considered as well
              Stan

Comment

• Today I once again had this problem where my project folder gets changed under my nose. My PC was used for DR rendering by another workstation at the office and of course Vray changed my project folder to the project folder of the job that was being rendered. So while I was working, unknowingly I've been incrementally saving my scenes to the folder of that render job instead of the folder of the project I'm working on. It took me some figuring out before I found out where exactly are my missing saved files. Not the most pleasant experience. Is there something that can be done about this in the upcoming update? Maybe make the DR Spawner revert back to the previous project folder after it finishes a DR session?
                AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex_M View Post
                  Maybe make the DR Spawner revert back to the previous project folder after it finishes a DR session?
                  Yes, will do that.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

• Yay!! This alone is worth the update for me. Thanks!

Comment

• anyway to make ipr resize by windows like in corona?

Comment

• Regarding online licensing.. it would be good to barrow the license online for x days without going online..... let's say you are working using a laptop on your way and your know that you wouldn't get a reliable Internet for some days. Once you lock the license no other computer can use the license of course.
                        show me the money!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pixelcon View Post
                          No it works "as expected" but I want those cool features for IPR :P

I had thought there might be a way to force IPR VFB to behave like the activeshade window...
                          +1 on this. It would be really cool to have those nice activeshade right-click features in IPR

Comment

• Originally posted by danio View Post
                            +1 on this. It would be really cool to have those nice activeshade right-click features in IPR
                            Yes, will get to that. For the moment, the main focus is on the IPR stability.

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

• Originally posted by vlado View Post
                              Yes, will get to that. For the moment, the main focus is on the IPR stability.

Best regards,
                              Vlado
                              Makes sense. Thanks for the response, Vlado.
                              Daniel

Comment

• I installed beta 2 today and I was left a bit disappointed. Most of my top issues with IPR still persist in beta 2:
                                1. The rendered view still can't be locked with IPR. As soon as I switch to other than the camera view, IPR starts rendering it accordingly. That's No. 1 issue for me with IPR. But maybe there's something I'm missing here, for which I apologize if I am.
                                2. Another problem that still remains in beta 2 is that if you don't start IPR with a region render active, you can't do region renders while IPR is running.
                                3. Is the functionality of automatic refresh of IPR when a region is drawn added yet? I still have to manually click the refresh icon every time I draw a new region to tell IPR to render it.

By the way, where does one find the pause and resume thingy that we see in the teaser? Or will this be added later?
                                And another question. Will we be able to pause IPR renders like we can with RT? What if I want to do a bunch of changes but don't want IPR to do updates until I tell it to?
                                Last edited by Alex_M; 12-01-2017, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X