No announcement yet.

V-Ray 3.5 Beta Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, it's working in RT GPU...I didn't realize the deniosed version gets saved to it's own channel.

Thanks for clarifying the matte/shadow thing.

Comment

BTW, often when I have render elements added and say I'm using RT in GPU mode and I press the Render button from the Render Setup Dialog in max 2016, I get a blank list box where the render elements are usually displayed...is this a known issue?

My workaround is rendering from another button or hotkey where I then get the listbox populated with elements.

Comment

Hi Vlado,

In the 3.5 beta, have you edited the proxy creation speeds compared to Vray 3.4?

I seem to be able to make proxies so much faster in the new beta, I was just wondering if this was intentional or a perk as it was not mentioned in the changelog?

Cheers.

Comment

Is there a new license system ? Do I still need to use the WIBU key or is it all online now ? It seems to be the same since I installed the beta.
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Currently, Online licensing is only available for V-Ray 3.0 for MODO, V-Ray 3.0 for Revit and our V-Ray Beta 3.0 programs for
            SketchUp, Rhino, Phoenix Beta 3.0 for Maya and V-Ray Beta 3.5 for 3ds Max and cannot be used for any other Chaos Group products.
            Stefan Isakov

Technical Support Representative
            support@chaosgroup.com

Contact Support

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by stefan.isakov View Post
              Currently, Online licensing is only available for V-Ray 3.0 for MODO, V-Ray 3.0 for Revit and our V-Ray Beta 3.0 programs for
              SketchUp, Rhino, Phoenix Beta 3.0 for Maya and V-Ray Beta 3.5 for 3ds Max and cannot be used for any other Chaos Group products.
              Yep. I was trying with vray 3.5 but couldn't get it to work.
              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Sorry, but i didn't understand, do you have any issues with V-Ray 3.5 ?
                You can write to us an e-mail if you want at support@chaosgroup.com
                Stefan Isakov

Technical Support Representative
                support@chaosgroup.com

Contact Support

Chaos Group

Comment

Question about the 32 bit z. As of now z was only interpreted as 16 even if i saved exr at 32?
                  Also is that in the beta right now? Was wondering cause i can never get a proper depth in the front objects in post.
                  thanks
                  www.yellimages.com

Comment

Originally posted by thanulee View Post
                    Question about the 32 bit z. As of now z was only interpreted as 16 even if i saved exr at 32?
                    Not exactly; all channels were saved as either 16-bit or 32-bit depending on the checkbox; however many users pointed out that if they wanted 32-bit z-depth, they had to save the entire file as 32-bit whereas most of the color channels are perfectly fine with 16-bit.

Also is that in the beta right now?
                    Yes. If you can test it and let us know if things are ok it will be very helpful.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Will do Vlado! Btw another thing in active shade RT gpu, when i pick an object, it triggers the render again. This shouldnt happen right? cheers
                      www.yellimages.com

Comment

Is it possible to make IPR ignore changes in light units? At the moment it updates the render when switching from Default units to Lumens for example.
                        Aleksandar Mitov
                        www.renarvisuals.com
                        office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
                        AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
                        64GB DDR5
                        GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_M View Post
                          Is it possible to make IPR ignore changes in light units? At the moment it updates the render when switching from Default units to Lumens for example.
                          I guess so, yes. Will make a note about it.

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

RT gpu, real zoom doesnt work with wacom tablet. I have to use the mouse. Im not sure if thats only in RT gpu, might be with any engine inside framebuffer when using wacom.
                            www.yellimages.com

Comment

Hello,

Originally posted by thanulee View Post
                              Will do Vlado! Btw another thing in active shade RT gpu, when i pick an object, it triggers the render again. This shouldnt happen right? cheers
                              This doesn't happen here for simple tests - can you share a part of a scene where this happens?

RT gpu, real zoom doesnt work with wacom tablet. I have to use the mouse. Im not sure if thats only in RT gpu, might be with any engine inside framebuffer when using wacom.
                              For the real zoom we track mouse wheel events - I'm not sure if the wacom sends such? For example - can you scroll with it in a browser ?

Best regards,
                              Yavor
                              Yavor Rubenov
                              V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
                                Hello,

This doesn't happen here for simple tests - can you share a part of a scene where this happens?

For the real zoom we track mouse wheel events - I'm not sure if the wacom sends such? For example - can you scroll with it in a browser ?

Best regards,
                                Yavor
                                Will check again on the first thing. Hmm wacom has the cylinder on the side in the pro models only though. All im doing is that i use the zoom viewport shortcut of max with the wacom. If that could synch with the wheel, would work i guess? thanks a lot
                                www.yellimages.com

Comment

Working...
                                X