Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRay 3.5 Adaptive Lights - suitable for animation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay 3.5 Adaptive Lights - suitable for animation?

As the subject says, do adaptive lights work with animation? Or is the evaluation per-frame and thus would lead to flickering?

Originally posted by duke2 View Post
    As the subject says, do adaptive lights work with animation? Or is the evaluation per-frame and thus would lead to flickering?
    Since the Adaptation seems to be evaluated consistently throughout the frames, I wouldn't expect any problems in this regard.

I have done some animation using Adaptive Lights and have seen no problems like this as of yet...

-Alan
    Last edited by Alan Iglesias; 09-02-2017, 06:50 PM.

Comment

We have not noticed flickering issues in animation so far.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I've rendered a 5 minute full animation going from interior to exterior with a huge amount of plane lights and HDRI with this algorithm, no problems whatsoever, with the default (BF/LC) and LC on 3000 and 8.0 retrace.
        A.

---------------------
        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
          with the default (BF/LC) and LC on 3000 and 8.0 retrace.
          Interesting .. I thought Retrace was useful only with using IrrMap as primary engine, bringing some BF locally. When we use IrrMap (less and less often), we tend to keep Retrace pretty low, between 1 and 2. You set it at 8 for any particular reason ?

Thanks.
          Nicolas Caplat
          www.intangibles.fr

Comment

i think Adaptive Lights option lead to a non-realism animation render, it is better to render still images with it ? what do you think?
            PC Specs: CPU i9-14900K - GPU RTX 4090 - RAM 192GB 5200MHz - MB Asus ROG Maximus Dark Hero

Comment

Originally posted by NicoC View Post
              Interesting .. I thought Retrace was useful only with using IrrMap as primary engine, bringing some BF locally. When we use IrrMap (less and less often), we tend to keep Retrace pretty low, between 1 and 2. You set it at 8 for any particular reason ?

Thanks.
              Because a little bird called Lele told me And if you read the tooltips displayed in the rendersettings you'll see that suggestion.

http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...tion-rendering
              A.

---------------------
              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by mediarobotics View Post
                i think Adaptive Lights option lead to a non-realism animation render, it is better to render still images with it ? what do you think?
                The adaptive lights are purely an optimization method. They do not affect the final lighting in your scene at all. We recommend that you leave it on.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

So why is it still optional? should we remove it in any specific scene such as indoor or outdoor? in which case?
                  PC Specs: CPU i9-14900K - GPU RTX 4090 - RAM 192GB 5200MHz - MB Asus ROG Maximus Dark Hero

Comment

It is optional in case you come across issues that we didn't find during the beta, just as a fail-safe. It works fine both for indoor and outdoor scenes. There should be no need to remove it based on scene type.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

Working...
                    X