No announcement yet.

Brute force Test Very slow :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes thats pretty much it Piotrus, the curve is a little more filmic rather than the traditional s-curve, sometimes i play a little with contrast and bring a little color to the blacks so they dont look grayscale if you knwo what i mean
    Martin
    http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

just drop your black point on a curve a bit lower. the point of PBR shaders is no more guessing game like "maybe 5 would look better". the rest is postproduction.
      Marcin Piotrowski
      youtube

Comment

Cool will try that cheers!
        Martin
        http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
          Mandate number 1 of the "new" method is a settings reset, and *without changing a thing* setting the LC up as instructed.
          So do that first, make sure you don't calculate an AO on top of a BF render that way (that was put there a decade ago to hide the mess of the IRMap, it's not only useless, but detrimental to render with BF/LC), stay in LWF (again, Optimised Defaults!), and recalibrate your shaders and lights to match the real world counterparts at best you can: look up light fixture specs, and copy them on your lights,find read albedo tables for material classes (you won't for specific ones!) and try and aim for a diffuse+reflection in the shaders to be in that ballpark, often a *lot* lower than people realise (f.e. most glasses have 7-12% max total reflectivity.).
          When you say most glass only has 7% to 12% reflectivity, are you talking about, on a scale of 0 (black) to 255 (white), that the colour in the Reflection slot should be about 40 or so, aka a dark grey?

Comment

yes, and regardless of fresnel.
            Lele
            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
            ----------------------
            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
              yes, and regardless of fresnel.
              That's super surprising to me. I've always used 255 in reflectivity for glass (and IOR of +/-1.5) and obtained realistic results that way. I was also under the impression that a physical workflow required 255 reflectivity in all cases, with glossiness/roughness and IOR being used to modulate not just the blurriness but the intensity of the reflection.
              Check my blog

Comment

it would be total refl, diffuse and spec.
                Marcin Piotrowski
                youtube

Comment

and a lot of light would just go through
                  Marcin Piotrowski
                  youtube

Comment

Working...
                  X