No announcement yet.

Updated max 6 DR install Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EGZ: Tried your suggestion & I was sure it was going to work, but it just does the same thing as before. Here's the latest log...

0: [2004/Nov/8|15:54:18] ========================== Starting new session ==========================
    1: [2004/Nov/8|15:54:19] Got this module name: C:Program FilesAutodesk VIZ 2005vrayspawner60.exe
    2: [2004/Nov/8|15:54:19] Got this INI file name: C:Program FilesAutodesk VIZ 2005VRaySpawner.ini
    3: [2004/Nov/8|15:54:19] Reading settings from INI file: "C:Program FilesAutodesk VIZ 2005VRaySpawner.ini"
    4: [2004/Nov/8|15:54:19] --
    5: [2004/Nov/8|15:54:19] Dumping current settings...
    6: [2004/Nov/8|15:54:19] VRaySpawner temp dir: ""
    7: [2004/Nov/8|15:54:19] Application name (MAX/VIZ): "C:Program FilesAutodesk VIZ 20053dsviz.exe"
    8: [2004/Nov/8|15:54:19] --
    9: [2004/Nov/8|15:54:19] Process id is 2588 (0xa1c)
    10: [2004/Nov/8|15:54:19] Executing ""C:Program FilesAutodesk VIZ 20053dsviz.exe" -server vraydummy60.max"
    11: [2004/Nov/8|15:54:25] Process id is 2588 (0xa1c)
    12: [2004/Nov/8|15:54:25] Executing ""C:Program FilesAutodesk VIZ 20053dsviz.exe" -server vraydummy60.max"
    13: [2004/Nov/8|15:54:31] Process id is 2588 (0xa1c)
    14: [2004/Nov/8|15:54:31] Executing ""C:Program FilesAutodesk VIZ 20053dsviz.exe" -server vraydummy60.max"
    15: [2004/Nov/8|15:54:37] Process id is 2588 (0xa1c)
    16: [2004/Nov/8|15:54:37] Executing ""C:Program FilesAutodesk VIZ 20053dsviz.exe" -server vraydummy60.max"
    17: [2004/Nov/8|15:54:37] ========================== Ending session ==========================
    Tim Nelson
    timnelson3d.com

Comment

thanks egz, working again now

DR iradiance maps
      mdi-digital.com

Comment

I too am having the wonderfull problems with DR on the new build

Vrayspawner was just not opening. So, I created an empy file called vraydummy60.max and dropped in the 3dsmax7 folder on the slave. This resulted in vrayspawner launching, but it never actually got assigned any buckets (even though its in the list of DR servers). Deleted everything in the network folder on the slave and relaunched vrayspawner, same problem.

Comment

well after several tries of delete files and start again, I finally have it working

now to spread the joy accross my serverfarm

Comment

I'm still stuck. Anybody have any clue?
            Tim Nelson
            timnelson3d.com

Comment

Timmatron: you said you created a vrayspawner.ini?
              I don't have that file anywhere here, and I don't think it is needed, even though the spawner seems to look for it in the log. Try deleting it and run the spawner again.
              Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Originally posted by timmatron
                I'm still stuck. Anybody have any clue?
                have you create a vraydummy60.max (or.viz) on your maxroot

Comment

Good to have a _beta_ to test the new DR with just glad i only got 4 slaves and not 100 ( not true but...)

if i cancel a render i have to exit vrayspawner on the slaves delete the contents of the network folder, restart vrayspawner and hopefully the vraydummy.max will open and stay open.....phewwww

if i wait till render end then most of the times everything is ok. wich is good.

Comment

A problem may arise if your 3dsmax is copied, and not installed properly (more exactly, backburner). Sometimes with a copied 3dsmax, the spawner will just open and close 3dsmax without being able to keep it open. In that case, installing backburner properly seems to help.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Delete files

HI, I also deleted the files several times in my Max Network folder, but the Spawner problem stays the same, just goes into a loop.

Cheers

Comment

Install

I do have clean installs on the various machines, not copied Max a cross

Comment

Still not sure what to do. I have tried deleting the .ini file I created, and that makes the spawner60 do nothing.

And yes, I have created the vraydummy60.max file in the root directory.

Have deleted all files in network directory.

It was a clean install for Viz - straight from the (legal) cd. I can't see how that would be a problem, but I guess I'll see if I can remove backburner and then re-install again. (not sure if thats a possibility though).
                          Tim Nelson
                          timnelson3d.com

Comment

I'm having the restarting problem with Viz also... maybe it's something specific to it.

Does anyone with Viz 2005 have the DR working?

Comment

I noticed something weird about mine. For some reason my backburner2 folder gets installed under a 3dsmax5 folder. Would that affect it at all, and if so, is there any way I can change the directory?
                              Tim Nelson
                              timnelson3d.com

Comment

how have you create your vraydummy60.max?
                                i experience the same problem on just create a file in the maxroot
                                i think the right way is :
                                open max
                                from max save your file as vraydummy60.max on the maxroot of your servers

Originally posted by timmatron
                                Still not sure what to do. I have tried deleting the .ini file I created, and that makes the spawner60 do nothing.

And yes, I have created the vraydummy60.max file in the root directory.

Have deleted all files in network directory.

It was a clean install for Viz - straight from the (legal) cd. I can't see how that would be a problem, but I guess I'll see if I can remove backburner and then re-install again. (not sure if thats a possibility though).

Comment

Working...
                                X