No announcement yet.

UI drawing speed of VRayMtl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys, the performance in max 2022 SME is probably the worse one in years.
    My workaround is to make viewport use the performance mode with no tex, make all the nodeslots in SME not to update and not to show any tex in the viewport and also close down the material/map browser.

Martin
    http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
      Hi guys, the performance in max 2022 SME is probably the worse one in years.
      My workaround is to make viewport use the performance mode with no tex, make all the nodeslots in SME not to update and not to show any tex in the viewport and also close down the material/map browser.
      Is this with our nodes only?
      Or is it something that happens with any of the win32 controls UIs?
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

i dont use anything else, but Vray, Lele, but i got blue spinning wheel even when using the simplest materials + viewport always flashes as if it was updating with every material change (although set to standard or performance).
        i had to resolve this by making all nodes not updating - after this it works OK (bearably slow)
        tried various nvidia drivers /gaming/studio
        if i restart it tends to get better but crawls withing few minutes.
        TR 64 cores here, 128GB RAM, NVIDIA 2080 Ti - so something you would expect to crunch nicely.
        Martin

Comment

happy to show this through zoom meeting if anyone from chaos is interested
          Martin

Comment

This is super odd.
            The first thing i did, ofc, was to fire up my max 2022 and mess with the SME.
            Besides the translation slowdowns (the hiccup of, f.e. half a second for a vrayMtl) as the UI was first built, i had no issue whatsoever connecting this to that and the other, and covering the SME with random material types, as many as i could get my hands on.

On top of V-Ray, what other plugins do you use?
            I'm suspecting it could be an interplay of factors that i am not replicating exactly, and that's why i can't get them to misbehave.
            Lele
            ----------------------

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

ok i am going to send you scene archive with mutimaterial fo you to have a look at LeLe and send to you r email?
              Martin

Comment

scene sent Lele
                Martin

Comment

We have been running a stable nightly for a while, and it is much faster there. Great? No, but way better.

Comment

Have to say, working with materials at all now is extremely frustrating and feels very time consuming! I hope something can be done in future builds to improve this.
                    Tim Nelson
                    timnelson3d.com

Comment

We are rewriting the UI gradually in Qt, hopefully some of that will be included in the next builds. Here is a video recording of refreshing the UI of the VRayALSurfaceMtl material which we used as a test - left is the old version, right is the Qt version. It can be seen clearly that the Qt version is quite a bit faster.

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for all the hard work!
                        Tim Nelson
                        timnelson3d.com

Comment

Wonderful! Optimization for Qt

It may be incompatible with older versions of 3ds Max, but it's a necessary optimization.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
                          oakcorp.net
                          v-ray.jp

Comment

So, is this the sort of speed thats normal? Or is it going to be improved with the changes?

Im new to Max so not sure what to expect, but its pretty annoying.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tAJoEbT5rz.gif
Views:	385
Size:	400.6 KB
ID:	1118519
                            e: info@adriandenne.com
                            w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Not at all.
                              That's exceptionally bad, something else is afoot on your machine.
                              Ensure you don't have side-stuff going on on the first CPU core, as it's all single-core aciton for UIs.
                              I spent the past week working via remote desktop on a 2.2ghz (but many cored) pc, and was many times quicker than what you show, and definitely without the long pause.
                              Lele
                              ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

ok thx, good, but bad to know
                                e: info@adriandenne.com
                                w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Working...
                                X