Vray 5gpu issues with opacity maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 5gpu issues with opacity maps

Am having issues with opacity maps in vray 5 gpu, here the description all tests were done with cuda and RTX
    -label made with a plane and opacity map first with a png used for transparency, in vray cpu works not in gpu.
    -label with a plane with a vraybitmap texture for the opacity map, no t works in gpu
    -label with vrayblend material, no success.
    -label that instead of using opacity am using the refraction map option with ior 1, no success.

Workarounds:
    -the main issue is that the label is placed next to a reflective surface, when the label is disabled to be seen by reflection then it works, but still not the optimal solution.
    -the reflective surface next to the label with reflection disabled, fixes the issue, but again not optimal solution.

is it a bug?, will be happy for a solution to this.

cheers,
    Cris

Click image for larger version

Name:	example.jpg
Views:	819
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1088285

Is your opacity definitely 100% b/w? I tried this now and both cpu/gpu are the same, as image.
    This shows a plane with only an opacity map - no other changes to anything.
    Attached Files
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

thanks for replying, actually is not the same situation, is 2 planes parallel to each other one of them is reflective and the other one is a label with opacity mask on the top. like a typical label situation.
      i triple checked about the black percentage, it is 100% black.. white.

Comment

Yeah, my example is an opacity mapped plane on top of a reflective box, as your example. Naturally the label is a tiny fraction away from the surface, otherwise there will be issues with coplanar faces.
        https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Hi hereiscris would it be possible to forward a sample scene with this reproducible so we can see the settings + maps used? You can write to support@chaosgroup.com, just make sure to mention this thread in the email. Thanks!
          Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
          X