Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass material : background appear darker

Hello,

Since a long time, I use a background map in screen mode. When I have a glass material, the background appear really darker. I'm trying to check all options to solve the problem without succes. Thanks for your help !

For exemple, I have a plane, a sphere with transparent glass, a background plane (trees) and a background map (sky)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	01.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	1123001
    The render result : the reflexion is ok, but the transparence is darker

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	1123003

Here is some settings :

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	1123007Click image for larger version

Name:	4.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1123005

Name:	5.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1123006
    Attached Files

Could you attach the scene from the screencap here so we can take a look?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello, thank you for your answer. I attach the scene here
      WeTransfer is the simplest way to send your files around the world. Share large files and photos. Transfer up to 2GB free. File sharing made easy!

Comment

Thank you for the provided scene. The issue stems from the "Affect Background" option in the Color Mapping settings (Render Setup>V-Ray>Color mapping). It seems to affect the Exposure control as well. I've logged the matter (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-11361) for developer investigation. Re-enabling the option should resolve the issue. Is there a reason to disable it, maybe we can work around that as well?

Comment

Thanks for your help. I uncheck "affect background" option for the reason that the background appear really darker. How can I have a background that appear like the original bitmap ?

Comment

Since you have an Exposure Control activated, control the lighting through there (Increase ISO or decrease shutter speed/f-number). Another way to adjust the lighting, is through the "Auto-Exposure/Auto-WB" (Render Setup>V-Ray>Camera); lower the VRaySun intensity (f.e. 0.01), activate the Auto-Exposure/Auto-WB and render.

Comment

Working...
            X