Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customize User Interface - Quads - Keeps Resetting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customize User Interface - Quads - Keeps Resetting?

So after installing Vray6 the default long list of Vray assets when you right click is gone and now you just have object properties. I went ahead and manually added all the things Vray5 had on its list, however everytime I reopen 3d max it resets to default. Seems like Vray is overriding 3d maxs defaults?

The quads options now have their own section in the V-Ray menu (V-Ray>VFB/Exporters/Converters). Otherwise, I tried adding some of the options in the quads menu and they are saved properly. The renderer has to be V-Ray to see them, though.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
      The quads options now have their own section in the V-Ray menu (V-Ray>VFB/Exporters/Converters). Otherwise, I tried adding some of the options in the quads menu and they are saved properly. The renderer has to be V-Ray to see them, though.
      Can you please share a little more light on the first thing you mentioned "V-Ray menu (V-Ray>VFB/Exporters/Converters)", I am kind of dumb and dont quite understand.

After you mentioned the Quads do save on your end I went and tried to add them on another workstation here at the office. Sadly same situation, as soon as I restart max it goes back to default setup where the only Vray option I have when I right click is "Vray Properties",
      Click image for larger version

Name:	rightlcick.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1154051

Attached is a visual of how I am setting them up to be which is somehow not saving. I honestly am not sure why, I also know when I click the "Vray Menu Registration" button, it also makes all the options go away besides the object properties.

Name:	rightclick2.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1154050

Comment

Originally posted by RedStar View Post

Can you please share a little more light on the first thing you mentioned "V-Ray menu (V-Ray>VFB/Exporters/Converters)", I am kind of dumb and dont quite understand.

After you mentioned the Quads do save on your end I went and tried to add them on another workstation here at the office. Sadly same situation, as soon as I restart max it goes back to default setup where the only Vray option I have when I right click is "Vray Properties",

Name:	rightlcick.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1154051

Attached is a visual of how I am setting them up to be which is somehow not saving. I honestly am not sure why, I also know when I click the "Vray Menu Registration" button, it also makes all the options go away besides the object properties.

Name:	rightclick2.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1154050
        I was about to write about this issue.

Whenever i edit the quads manually on 3dsmax, it keeps resetting and it doesn´t stick when i close max.

Comment

Originally posted by brunonz View Post

I was about to write about this issue.

Whenever i edit the quads manually on 3dsmax, it keeps resetting and it doesn´t stick when i close max.
          Okay Perfect, so its not just me! Glad more people are having this issue because I was worried I am messing up on my end and blaming Vray.

Comment

Okay Perfect, so its not just me! Glad more people are having this issue because I was worried I am messing up on my end and blaming Vray.
            That happens with vray 6 and max 2023, i was pretty sure it was a max 2023 thing. But let me know if you are using 2023 as well

Comment

Originally posted by brunonz View Post

That happens with vray 6 and max 2023, i was pretty sure it was a max 2023 thing. But let me know if you are using 2023 as well
              Nope. I am still on max 2021. I installed Vray 6 couple days ago and noticed this issue. Downgraded back to Vray5 and it was fine. Upgraded to Vray6 and the issue is back. Certainly something with Vray.

Comment

Nope. I am still on max 2021. I installed Vray 6 couple days ago and noticed this issue. Downgraded back to Vray5 and it was fine. Upgraded to Vray6 and the issue is back. Certainly something with Vray.
                I see.

It will be fixed, i hope!

Comment

Can you please share a little more light on the first thing you mentioned "V-Ray menu (V-Ray>VFB/Exporters/Converters)",
                  I was referring to the main 3ds max toolbar (check screencap).

Yes, that's the menu I'm using. The reset happens because of the V-Ray menu registration function you're using. It resets the menu to it's current default (which is without those options).

Attached Files

Comment

Yes, that's the menu I'm using. The reset happens because of the V-Ray menu registration function you're using. It resets the menu to it's current default (which is without those options).

Ohh no no, I only tried the Vray menu Registration after the reset kept happening. The reset occurs no matter what and is somehow caused by Vray. Not sure how or why but as you can see Brunonz also is running into same issue.

Comment

Ohh no no, I only tried the Vray menu Registration after the reset kept happening. The reset occurs no matter what and is somehow caused by Vray. Not sure how or why but as you can see Brunonz also is running into same issue.

Yes, it happens at my home pc and at the office aswell. It is a Vray thing unfortunately since i have tested on 3dsmax 2021 and 2023.

Comment

Check this thread and particularly the post about the "Read-only" ENU folder.

Comment

Check this thread and particularly the post about the "Read-only" ENU folder.
                          Thanks for your help, but doesn´t work either.

Comment

Hermit, not sure how else to put it. It has nothign to do with 3d max or any certain config. Its 100% Vray 6. Its an issue with the new release thats causing it. No other way to put it and no reason to try and point a finger at something else causing the problem, this is an internal Vray 6 issue plain and simple.

Comment

Try using the script provided by Autodesk here (post 20). Also, check if your "Save UI Configuration on Exit" option (Customize>Preferences>General>UI Display) is enabled.

Comment

Working...
                              X