Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customize User Interface - Quads - Keeps Resetting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI, updated to latest vray and this quad thing is still an issue. Thanks to Yavor I know how to fix it by having to delete the vrayinstall file, but I also have to go back and find this thread every time to remember where to find it. Really hoping Vray can fix this bug.

Comment

Nothing in MAX sticks for me. Everything is read only and if I change it, it goes back to read only. Even my Vantage gets uninstalled every few MAX boots. I am using the Latest MAX, V-Ray, and Windows 11.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
        Nothing in MAX sticks for me. Everything is read only and if I change it, it goes back to read only. Even my Vantage gets uninstalled every few MAX boots. I am using the Latest MAX, V-Ray, and Windows 11.
        To fix the quads menu issue you just need to delete the vrayinstall.txt file, that solved that issue. However I have to do it everytime I update vray and have to remember where to find it everytime lol.

Comment

I did, thank you, but I get an error every time I start MAX, so I have to reinstall V-Ray. "./scripts/vrayinstall.ms" specified in "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\VR ay3d sMax2023\PackageContents.xml" doesn't exist.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Hello...Any updates here from Chaos? Issue has been driving me crazy in max2019 and current vray6 builds. Having to use the menu bar stinks...clicking the "register vray menus" button on the chaos toolbar seems to do absolutely nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by voltron7 View Post
              Hello...Any updates here from Chaos? Issue has been driving me crazy in max2019 and current vray6 builds. Having to use the menu bar stinks...clicking the "register vray menus" button on the chaos toolbar seems to do absolutely nothing.
              Have you tried Yavor's solution (deleting the .txt)?
              Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
              Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post

Have you tried Yavor's solution (deleting the .txt)?
                That was the first one I found to try. I haven't found (yet) any such file on my machine. Maybe it's a max2019 difference. I'll keep searching for that file. Thanks for your response.

Comment

Working...
                X