VraySun/Sky acting strange in window reflections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VraySun/Sky acting strange in window reflections

Any ideas why the sun and sky doesn't give me a realistic light intensity/reflection in the window?
    Same happens with total reflective material.

See example3, this is the sun directly towards the camera lens. I don't think this looks realistic, too burnt out?! Using the PRG Clear Sky VraySky model.
    And example 4, this is how the sky/light looks on the building. Same camera, same sun. All is with linear color mapping.

In my opinion, if the sun is THAT burnt out with a camera towards it, then the light intensity on other objects should be a lot brighter.
    Try shooting right towards the sun with a real life camera, it's nowhere like that.

So what could be happening? Thanks!
    Attached Files

I'm not understanding the issue. Which result is the desired one? Could you also share the scene so we can troubleshoot it?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

This is more like the wanted effect, but my windows does not seem to reflect the sky and/or sun properly. I believe I sent the scene to you earlier on, and got a response from one of your support people, however, we didn't resolve it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	as.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	1173800

Name:	istockphoto-1154474375-1024x1024.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	1173799

Name:	glaze.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	1173798

Comment

Well, judging by the images you've sent, you need to add a Lens Effect layer in the VFB. An HDRI with a Sky will also bring more realistic results.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X