Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Denoiser tool issue

Hello

I'm trying to denoise my animation with Denoiser tool and I would like to do it with Intel engine but it gives me an error saying "Buffer region out of range". Default V-ray denoiser and NVIDIA AI denoiser works just fine, but in my opinion Intel is the best.
    Am I doing something wrong here or is this a bug.

I have installed the latest V-ray.

Thanks!

Mikko

Do you have the Intel denoiser set in the render element settings? You have to choose your denoiser at render time, unfortunately.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your answer. And yes, I have denoiser selected at render time. Here's a screenshot of the error message.

Mikko
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Does this happen in every scene or only for this particular one? Basically this message in printed when there's no denoiser element added at render time at all, but this case seems to be different according to the provided screengrab. Is it possible to pack an exemplary scene or output file to philip.shounev@chaos.com where this is reproducible so that we can troubleshoot ?
        Philip Shounev
        QA department
        Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

Yeah, weird. I have gotten that message when I forgot to add the denoiser RE, or had the wrong denoiser selected.

Is your RE set to only generate elements? I can’t tell from your screen shot.

Comment

You have to choose your denoiser at render time, unfortunately.
            Actually to be precise you have to add the VRayDenoiser render element and select the correct denoising engine before starting the render.
            The denoising engine in the render element and in the denoiser tool have to match.
            There was an older thread for what seems the same issue here. Please give it a quick read.
            Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

It looks like the OP did this, though. If you look at the screenshot.

I know it works if you set it to Intel, and set it to generate render elements only.

Comment

I made a test with some objects and a simple camera movement and it gives me the same error. Default V-ray and Nvidia denoisers works just fine, but not the Intel.

I chose the Intel denoiser from the Render Elements and "Only generate render elemets". I also saved the sequence as V-Ray Raw image file...

Mikko

Comment

NO! Sorry, also Nvidia doesn't work.

Comment

Oh, I have not tried the other non-vray denoisers with .vrimg. Only with .exr. (Specifically multipart EXR set with the VrayOptionRE, though I don’t think that part is required. )

Try the raw export to EXR.

Comment

Thanks, but I have .exr in the raw export.

Comment

NO! Sorry, also Nvidia doesn't work.
                        I tested again Nvidia and Intel denoisers with the latest V-Ray 6.20.06

I've set them to generate elements only:
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	3dsmax_2024-04-22_12-48-17.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.2 KB ID:	1207061

The render output is vrimg:
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	3dsmax_2024-04-22_12-49-11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.1 KB ID:	1207062

After rendering is complete I started the Denoiser Tool
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	chrome_2024-04-22_12-51-01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.3 KB ID:	1207063Click image for larger version  Name:	explorer_2024-04-22_12-51-49.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	1207064

All frames are successfully denoised. I haven't tested with .exr instead of vrimg as output format.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	chaosplayer_qt5_2024-04-22_12-55-04.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	349.8 KB
ID:	1207065
                        Last edited by vladimir_krastev; 22-04-2024, 02:55 AM.
                        Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
                        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I use Intel denoiser with the same setup as Vladimir above, except I output to EXR from the raw image output. I denoise via the command line and it works. I have seen the error reported when I forgot to setup the denoiser RE. It may also fail if you set the denoiser RE to anything other than Only Generate Render Elements.

Comment

Working...
                          X