No announcement yet.

Vray proxy disappearing in animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can probably make V-Ray to re-try loading the proxy, if something in fails; not sure how helpful this will be.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

What if vray could be setup to store the proxies once it loads successfully the first time? That would help take some pain off the network from having a dozen machines re-loading so many proxies every frame.

What is vray doing when it loads the proxies? Does it load them locally?
      Last edited by cheerioboy; 09-06-2008, 08:25 AM.
      Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

I think you'd be better off mirroring them locally yourself, the beauty (or bane in your case) is that info is read from the vrmesh files only as it is needed reducing memory usage, so the entire proxy is likely never present on the slave at the same time.
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

Hmm. It would still be nice though if all the proxies were copied/held locally until called into the memory.

yeah I should just stop talking now and start copying those proxies locally now.

*cries*
          Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

When you say copy them locally, do you then have to remap the paths again. I have this same problem but i'm using lots of different proxies in different paths. It's a real pain to go through and change all the paths one by one.
            philshoebottom.co.uk | realtime:uk

Comment

Working...
            X