• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 spot lights and GI enviorment Multiplier 10

Comment

settings seem fine.
      Your using vrayshadows I assume.

Sometimes having such a high environment multiplyer can slow things down, especially combined with unusual color mapping. What are your color mapping settings?

Comment

Yes I use vray shadows

For color mapping/ Gamma correction / Multiplier 0.454 / Inverse gamma 0.454 / Gamma 1.0 / Sub-pixel unchecked / Clamp- checked / Affect background checked

Comment

if you want to gamma correct the image you don't need both multiplier and inverse gamma at .454, you're actually making it darker this way. leave multiplier at 1.0 and just apply the inverse .454 gamma. or leave both at 1 and set gamma at 2.2

you may also want to check sub pixel mapping on, I spot a couple of artifacts that you can solve this way.

since I can't come up with anything better: how many subdivisions are you using for those reflective/glossy mats such as floor and wood?

Comment

mmm sounds like your using LWF.. you need to keep the multiplyer at 1.0 and just change the inverse multiplyer otherwise its not LWF.

Are you using any proxies. If so how many, how are they setup.. i.e. one tree proxy instances lots of times.. or a huge forrest as one proxy..etc..

Are you using dynamic or static memory in the Vray: system rollout.

You might want to try ditching the environment and switch to a dome light instead perhaps.

Will be able to suggest more when I can see your render.

Comment

here it is, hope mjaco doesn't mind me mirroring it:

Comment

No i don't mind at all, you saved me some time

I was extualy in middle of setting up at a free hosting site

Thanks

Comment

Hmmm well the roof looks a little funny.. quite a few splotches.. I guess thats due to the low IR map settings. That one rendered in 1h16mins.. does the higher reolution still take HEAPS longer even with those settings.. like did you change/lower them for that smaller render?

Comment

Yes the higher reselution is the same settings as the lower one,

Comment

Ok, what about your material subdivs.. for glossy

Comment

Wood, floor, are 16
                        Gold is 30

Comment

What would you guys predict a normal render time for a scene like this at 3400x2200?

Comment

30 seems a little high especially for that distance. Wouldnt think it would kill the render too much.. but then again.

So after re-building the IR and LC maps.. was it any quick for high res?

Comment

if i change the gold to 16 from 30, would it require me to re-build the LC and the IR?

Comment

I also have that envierment picture set up in the reguler enviermnet slot in max and in vray i have the blue sky color with a multiplier of 10 (I'm gono try to lower that as you mentiont maby if i'll change my color mapping multiplier to 1 i'll be able to lower it) can that have to do with anything?

Comment

Working...
                                X