No announcement yet.

Flickering/shimmering to reflective mats and shadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just scanned the thread so maybe it has been mentioned but do you have Sub pixel mapping and clamp output checked on the color mapping roll out, might help

Are you using rC3? I was getting some weird white spots in reflections in RC3, not exactly like yours but the RC4 I have fixed it.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

The glossy noise is definitely an Adaptive QMC thing.
      www.morphic.tv
      www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

I'll throw in my guess here:
        The noise in the glossy reflections could be caused by the very bright light source outside the room.
        The AA sampler cannot smoothly resolve neighbouring pixels because they are too bright compared to the surround pixels.

As RErender suggested, try turning on Clamp Ouput and Subpixel sampling under colormapping.

But it's just a guess and I could be way off...as usual
        sigpic

Vu Nguyen
        -------------------------
        www.loftanimation.com.au

Comment

I have the same problem. Here I have some samples showing my problem and how I try to overcome that situation, hopefully these samples may be self explanatory:

Each solution carries their own problems... and possibilities. At the end, I don't know if I'm right or totally lost, I think it's all about to choose over what render time you want:

I choose speed, that is, render time over all other options. I think adaptive QMC is fast but when it comes to eliminate those bright points with material subdivisons it gets quite slow, aQMC is good with thin lines, very very good but it's terrible with glossy (light reflections ?), and, in the other hand, aSubdivision is a very smooth solution for the materials and glossy but is terrible with the thin lines and not so slow overall in the material subs arena. One can fix aSubs thin lines problems increasing min/max rates but you may got stuck/trapped in a very long render times, being there!

final settings and the final animation:

http://www.dreamimg.com/Vray-Forum/a...ining-v03b.mpg (14 Mb)

Note: I don't post very often due my obvious English language limitations, I read your posts and I had learn a lot from you (very grateful BTW), sometimes I got confused over some subjects, I hope this post may help and not confuse anyone. Best regards.

Comment

Working...
          X