"Animation (rendering)" Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Animation (rendering)" Problem

I have used the "Animation (prepass)" setting and have created 400 irmaps in a folder when I go to use them with the "Animation (rendering)" setting I select the irmap without the number (also have tried to use the one with 0000 as the starting irmap) and all the rendered frames come out as if the irmap was not included. If I change the setting to "from file" and select the corresponding irmap and frame number it renders correctly. Am I doing something wrong or what should I be doing?

Other notes about the file:
    The irmap is 1/2 the size of the final rendered frame.
    I see no errors come up while rendering with it set to Animation (rendering)

you only need one irradiance map. when you calculate your irradiance map, check the multiframe incremental. vray will render the iradiance pass, then it will move the camera, and render the irradiace pass, and add it to the previous map. etc...

you might be able to salvage the calculations you have done by using the app that combines seperate maps into one, but chances are it will be easier to jut start from scratch.

it is all outlined in the manual.

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R...vancedimap.htm

.....and the second question, -1 as your max pass is half the resolution of you rendered frame. .....but chances are you will not need more than that. the same link as above.

Comment

Originally posted by lowerleftside View Post
      I have used the "Animation (prepass)" setting and have created 400 irmaps in a folder [...]
      Are you doing a local or network render?
      Free V-Ray licenses? It doesn't get any cheaper...

Comment

Originally posted by DIGITAL_FACTORY View Post
        Are you doing a local or network render?
        The IR pass was done on one computer.

My plan was to render all the IR information on one computer then network render the animation. After I had all the IR frames I tried both with backburner and a local render and neither of them are picking up the IR frames.

Does anyone know how to use the command line version of the IR map viewer to combine all 400 IR frames?

I would have rendered with "multiframe incremental" and used one IR map but the max file would crash when it was around 80% finished. When I used the "Animation (prepass)" all frames finished but as of now they are useless...

I'm going have a look at this http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R...vancedimap.htm

I would still like the "Animation (prepass)" to work though. So lets keep the help / ideas coming!

Take care everyone!

Comment

There seems to be some discrepancy here; irradiance maps calculated in "Animation (prepass)" mode cannot be used in "From file" mode and you will get an error if you try to do this. You can only use these maps in "Animation (rendering)" mode.

In the same way, if you render a "Single frame" map, you cannot use this in "Animation (rendering)" mode and you will get an error if you try to do it.

However, in your description, you said that you were able to render successfully in "From file" mode, which makes me think that something was not quite right when you calculated the maps.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by lowerleftside
            The IR pass was done on one computer.
            My plan was to render all the IR information on one computer then network render the animation.
            You don't need to go that route. You can net render the IR as well. Just make sure that they all get saved in the same place, i.e. \\SERVER\IRMAPS\irmap_xxx.vrmap.

After I had all the IR frames I tried both with backburner and a local render and neither of them are picking up the IR frames.
            Ensure that you have the correct location. If it has that, it should find them.

Does anyone know how to use the command line version of the IR map viewer to combine all 400 IR frames?
            You're better off sticking to the individual IR maps. This can get to be a sizeable file for 400 frames, costing time to merge them, memory to load it at render time and a heavy burden on the network when net rendering.
            Free V-Ray licenses? It doesn't get any cheaper...

Comment

HELP! animation mode

I have calculated the prepass mode which created let's say 100 irr files. I then go to the animation (rendering) mode and select the first Irr file?

When I do that and scrub the time slider and render a test frame the log window says, cannot load irr map and the resulting render show that it only rendered the first irr file.

What do I do?

-------------------------------

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              There seems to be some discrepancy here; irradiance maps calculated in "Animation (prepass)" mode cannot be used in "From file" mode and you will get an error if you try to do this. You can only use these maps in "Animation (rendering)" mode.

In the same way, if you render a "Single frame" map, you cannot use this in "Animation (rendering)" mode and you will get an error if you try to do it.

However, in your description, you said that you were able to render successfully in "From file" mode, which makes me think that something was not quite right when you calculated the maps.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Did you render each frame of the animation when you calculated the irradiance map?

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Take the # out of the IRR map file name. Just use irr_map_name.vrmap

Oops. Old post eh? Hope it helps somebody.
                  www.studio2a.co

Comment

Working...
                  X