No announcement yet.

Problem with blotches on interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see your setting natty because it is quite similar to what I'm using as well. Reliabilty is the most important thing I think. Its cool that basically those are defaults with a few key values changed that make the most difference.

People trying to pick up every trick they see other people using can get into trouble easily so i think that it is best to keep things simple, even if the rendering takes longer.

anyway, interesting to see other peoples settings. thanks for sharing

Comment

I've noticed that IMAP doesn't really care for a fully adaptive dmc amount, I'd be interested to know what happens on your original settings when lowering your adaptive amount to like .9, that usually gets rid of those blotches for me.
      Colin Senner

Comment

Originally posted by MoonDoggie View Post
        I've noticed that IMAP doesn't really care for a fully adaptive dmc amount, I'd be interested to know what happens on your original settings when lowering your adaptive amount to like .9, that usually gets rid of those blotches for me.
        yeah I've kind of found this too....

Comment

Yeah...i tend to leave mine at .95 most often.
          -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

I agree with .95 or even .9 It often times just goes mental otherwise.

Comment

*High fives* Glad we're all in agreement!
              Colin Senner

Comment

Had a recurrent blotch problem, tried Natty settings, and voilĂ  ! Helped me managing what was my problem.

You're still the best dude Thanks a lot
                http://www.3dna.be

Comment

Originally posted by natty View Post
                  Tricky,

can you try our settings which give us clean renders every time.

i do understand your settings but as you have found out the universal settings don't always perform as expected in some cases.

Natty,

I'm curious what changes you would make to these settings if you used Brute Force for your secondary bounce.

Craig

Comment

Hi

we don't use Brute Force ..
                    Natty
                    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

I was looking at solving some problems and came accross this thread. I am interested how image size has not being discussed. I was under the impression some settings are dependant on how big the image is that you are rendering. If this is the the case, then would'nt some settings produce results, at certain render sizes whilst others, dont?

I have used Natty's settings on an image, 3200x2560px, and it's certainly producing very clean results.

Daniel
                      Last edited by danieljhatton; 09-10-2009, 09:06 AM.
                      Daniel

www.danieljhatton.com

Comment

Working...
                      X