different DR-Buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmf-123 View Post
    Werticus, I suspect your problem is different from Simon's. I too have had trouble rendering IES lights. I never really figured out why my slaves didn't want to render them, but it seemed to have been only an issue if the IES lights were instances of each other. If yours are in fact instanced, try deleting them and remaking them one at a time and see if the problem goes away. Might be a long shot, but I remember that working for me, though I'm not sure why...
    They are instances so I shall try this.
    Rendering test now, i didnt delete the instances, but rather used the right click 'make unique' option.
    Last edited by werticus; 23-02-2011, 02:11 AM.
    WerT
    www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

THanks DMF-123, it would seem that the issue WAS caused by instanced IES lights and back burner somehow. So there you have it folks, you cant use IES instanced and expect it to work properly... great bug Simply right clicking on the modify roll out and 'making unique' on all IES lights solved the issue fairly easily.
      WerT
      www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Cool. I remember tearing apart my scene to try and figure out what on earth was happening... Glad I could help -hopefully it saved you some time diagnosing it.

From what I can tell this is a bug, I probably should have mentioned something to Vlado earlier...
        David M. Foster

Comment

Yes, you probably saved me considerable time and effort. I was resigned to render the scene with only one computer so it was consistent: costing me 4x the time in rendering.

I'm going to check that this is the certainly the case with a 2nd scene soon, and if it is i shall make a new thread stating the problem as fact for anyone else searching for the issue / vlado. FYI this problem was on max 2010 + the last version of vray 1.5
          Last edited by werticus; 23-02-2011, 08:34 PM.
          WerT
          www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Vlado, have you any new informations about my problem??

*simon

Comment

The unique light thing has not fixed my 2nd scene... I get the same miss matched bucket look as the op does in DR mode or just mismatched frames in BB.
              weird thing is its still only my main pc, all my slaves rendering the same and what i think is correct.
              Last edited by werticus; 24-02-2011, 03:27 AM.
              WerT
              www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

I'm having the same issue and I'm also using 32-bit and 64-bit mix for DR. This is Vray 1.5 SP5.

Comment

Is it fine if you render 32- or 64-bit only?

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes it is - it is only a effect when using DR with the 32bit or the 64bit one. I hope you'll have a solution bec. have brought 2 new machines last 2 weeks for a big renderjob to use with DR ... and now it is buggy ...

*si

Comment

Originally posted by Eitzlmayr Simon View Post
                      Yes it is - it is only a effect when using DR with the 32bit or the 64bit one. I hope you'll have a solution bec. have brought 2 new machines last 2 weeks for a big renderjob to use with DR ... and now it is buggy...
                      We are looking into it, but in the meantime, why not stick to just one mode (32- or 64-bit)?

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Wert, are you running a mix of 32 / 64? I think Simon's problem is in the 32/64 issue, but my hutch is that your problem is a separate issue. When I came across the ies light issue before, it was a while ago, but I'm almost certain we were running purely 64 bit on all machines (workstations and slaves).

I think it will require vlado and his wizardry to solve the problem, but in the meantime, you should be able to at least avoid the problem.

So Wert is your 1st scene is totally fixed, and rendering 100% of the time flawlessly, as soon as you made your lights unique? And your 2nd scene is lit with ies lights aswell, with similar conditions? If that is true and you are convinced your problem in scene 1 was in fact the instanced ies lights (and not just a strange coincidence) I would do the following:

1. Delete all lights from scene 2 and merge a single working light from scene 1. If that works, it seems something was corrupt or buggy with those particular lights. (I suspect this will work)

2. If that doesn't work, I would try the reverse. Merge only the your geometry from scene 2 into scene 1, and use those scene 1 lights. If that works, then there was something buggy with your file.

Either way, it should be telling...hopefully...
                        David M. Foster

Comment

all machines windows 7 64 bit here.

I deleted all IES lights and I'm just using vray lights now and its working fine. Problem is with IES for me.

But yes my first scene with only 4 ies lights is now working with IES, however my second scene had something like 80 lights and now i've deleted them all and i've started again. (light wise)

I dont use IES lights often because they seem slow, and now i think i have a good reason not to use them again!
                          Last edited by werticus; 24-02-2011, 04:54 PM.
                          WerT
                          www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                            We are looking into it, but in the meantime, why not stick to just one mode (32- or 64-bit)?

Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            How can i do that (never done this)? - is there a possibility to run max and vray in 32bit mode on the 64bit machine?

Comment

they must be seriously old computers to be 32bit still... i think we've been 64 bit here for 5 or more years now. are you sure their cpu's dont support 64bit?
                              WerT
                              www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

the computer is 2 weeks old and does support 64bit - but i have some programs running here that only support 32bit ...

*si

Comment

Working...
                                X