Little Sparkles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Sparkles

I'm zoomed way in, but I'm seeing little sparkles. My settings are already high. What should I be looking at to get rid of these?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-03-27_1007.png
Views:	1
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	874073
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

I get these too. Searching the forums will list a few different potential fixes for it, but sub pixel mapping seems and/or clamping seems to work best. Other options are turning off the Sun's visibility as well as using an AA filter than handles this like blend.

Comment

I see those alot too. Usually when using an HDRI light setup. Interested to hear how you solve it...
      • Dual 3.47 ghz Hex Core Xeon CPUs; 96GB Ram; SSD Drive; 3dsMax 2020; V-Ray; Sketchup 2020
      • Love these Plugin/Scripts: ForestPro, RailclonePro, Soulburner, Populate Terrain

Comment

U talking about the white dots?
        CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

yes. The little white dots
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Id troubleshoot it like that

Apply grey shader - I assume u use displacement keep it.

Render with grey shader no GI
            if no speckles, render again with GI
            if speckles - disable caustic in GI - if that didnt help then
            disable dispalcement and use bump - see if speckles stay...

and so on...
            CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

I'll try your suggestions.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Looks like you are using "use light cache for glossy rays"
                Increasing the light cache subdivs/sample size can clear this
                Chris Jackson
                Shiftmedia
                www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Originally posted by jacksc02 View Post
                  Looks like you are using "use light cache for glossy rays"
                  Increasing the light cache subdivs/sample size can clear this
                  Bobby: I stopped using HDRI's as my light source because of the white dots. I now just use my nice HDRI's for environments, and use the VRAY SUN. Based on Vlado's comment above, he seems to like HDRI's. Did you find a solution? Did DADAL's suggestion help, or Chris's? Thanks.

Comment

These are usually glossy reflections of glossy reflections (or specular hilights) that reflect the HDRI; we are thinking about some automatic work-arounds for these cases, but still if you can get me the scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com it will help to figure out what's going on.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by BKE View Post
                      Bobby: I stopped using HDRI's as my light source because of the white dots. I now just use my nice HDRI's for environments, and use the VRAY SUN. Based on Vlado's comment above, he seems to like HDRI's. Did you find a solution? Did DADAL's suggestion help, or Chris's? Thanks.
                      I've been using the following work around: use the full res normal HDRI for reflections, and a lower res blurred version for lighting. Usually solves the problem for me, but not always.

Comment

Originally posted by Deflaminis View Post
                        I've been using the following work around: use the full res normal HDRI for reflections, and a lower res blurred version for lighting. Usually solves the problem for me, but not always.
                        Thanks. Nice workaround. May I ask.. when it does not work to use the blurry HDRI, do you have to resort to increasing the settings? I would like to go back to using HDRI's if I can be confident that they will work.

Comment

You know, I haven't fully nailed down what causes my problems when they do arise. But I suspect it's somehow related to the HDRI going through glass to light up a scene. (Interiors get the problem a lot more than exteriors for me.) Wish I had a better answer for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Deflaminis View Post
                            You know, I haven't fully nailed down what causes my problems when they do arise. But I suspect it's somehow related to the HDRI going through glass to light up a scene. (Interiors get the problem a lot more than exteriors for me.) Wish I had a better answer for you.
                            Thanks. That actually helps a lot! I have already run into issues caused by glass, and, while I do not like it, I have turned the glass off for interiors. Knowing that I can consistently get good exteriors from a blurred HDRI is enough info for me to give it another try. Do you have a rule of thumb for the threshhold for the resolution to eliminate the speckles?

Comment

I've found that putting the hdri into a domelight and checking on 'store with irradiance map' solves this for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X