VRay Blend and Blur Utility Material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Blend and Blur Utility Material

Im currently working at prime focus with vray for maya and max, im doing some ldev in max on some shaders using a blend material
    For each blend i want to add a bump map on them and then plug that blend material into a new blend and then add a bump
    This seems to work fine in maya using the vray bump material but in max I have been using the Utility Material from blurbeta and its giving me what i need sofar
    But when i come to plug my blurbeta Utility Material with a vrayBlend in to a new vrayBlend and then add a new coat, the base material in that vrayblend doesnt seem
    to show up or render

Thanks

It won't work... we really need to do the VRayBumpMtl material in 3ds Max too. Let me know how urgent it is and we can bump its priority.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      It won't work... we really need to do the VRayBumpMtl material in 3ds Max too. Let me know how urgent it is and we can bump its priority.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I would really like vray to work with the blur utility material.
      Win10 x64, 3DS Max 2017 19.0, Vray 3.60.03
      Threadripper 1950x, 64GB RAM, Aurous Gaming 7 x399,

Comment

It's actually the other way round - the blur utility material needs to be modified so that it is compatible with V-Ray. Can't do much about that, I'm afraid - unless we had the sources for it so that we can modify it and recompile it.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ok fair enough - do you see any likelyhood of Vray getting a material of this kind?
          Win10 x64, 3DS Max 2017 19.0, Vray 3.60.03
          Threadripper 1950x, 64GB RAM, Aurous Gaming 7 x399,

Comment

Working...
          X