Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

flythrough animation with animated objects AND lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flythrough animation with animated objects AND lights.

Hi all,

quick query, just wondering if there are any quick tips on how to approach an animation with some moving objects (car, doors opening etc) and lights going on (moving into a building) without going down the Brute force route as this is a full HD animation and we have only a small amount of machines at our disposal.

I have rendered parts with the usual multi frame incremental method (on frames that dont have the animated objects) but the lights come on over 600 odd frames so if we have to go bruteforce it would take a long time and not really match the look at feel exactly...

any ideas on my most efficient method...

thanks in advance.
    g

use the "use irradiance map" tickbox in the vray material for your moving objects (check the help files)

and render a seperate sequence with imap and lightcache for each section with a new set of lights turned on.

Comment

in order to avoid flickering though should I render the animation pre pass mode?

I have done this before but took a lot of fudging. I have 900 frames, the camera is animated from 0-900 frames. at frame 400 doors open (over 40 frames) then for the next 100 frames, lights (4 sets of ) go on. Im was looking to render the 900 frames (miuns the 100+40 of lights and movement) but if I use the multiframe incremental or use camera path options they will take into account the lighting being on after frame 540 (400 plus 40 +100)

EDIT: oh and I have some subtle candle flickering going on too throughout...

so best to render animation pre pass ("use camera path" unticked, and "use irradiance map" unticked) for the complete render? though worried about flickering and render times via brute force?
      Last edited by t3dm; 22-01-2013, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Super gnu approach will be useful only on a scene where the moving objects take small part of the scene. Here you can find the exact workflow:
        http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ometry+scene#6
        But it won't work with the moving lights parts, VRaySSS2, VRayCarPaint or 2sided materials.
        Furthermore in case this approach doesn't work for you. You can always use the usual one: http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/200R...ials_anim2.htm
        You may keep the "use camera path" ticked when using the above workflow as this may decrease the flickering.
        Best regards,
        Zdravko Keremidchiev
        Technical Support Representative

Comment

Working...
        X