• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	859074thanks, we are talking about max not maya in fact.
    Anyway, the command line works this time, thanks.
    However the result is still the same, DR turn on with 127.0.0.1 and local host turn off.
    Exept that I don't get an error message, but the render get statk!
    Last edited by fraggle; 01-12-2015, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Have you turned on the RT Distributed rendering for 127.0.0.1 and with use local host off ?
      V-Ray fan.
      Looking busy around GPUs ...
      RTX ON

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	859075
        Same in RT cpu mode, so I guess there is another vray RT issues on top of the driver issues... unless this method doesn't wok in CPU mode.
        Last edited by fraggle; 01-12-2015, 08:00 AM.

Comment

You can either wait for the stable build or arrange team viewer session with the support, so we can inspect what is going on. I think this would be easier for you.
          If you prefer the second, please contact support@chaosgroup.com.

If you want to continue with error checking, you should see if the port number (20206) is the same as the one in the command window (it might 20207) ... If this is the case, you have to change the port number in the RT settings in Max.
          V-Ray fan.
          Looking busy around GPUs ...
          RTX ON

Comment

Thanks, for sure, better to wait.

Comment

Hello,
              I update to the 3.3.05 but it doesn't solve anything.
              I still get no Cuda error when using RT.
              And I cannot close the frame buffer....
              Any idea? Thanks
              [2016/Apr/1|22:06:10] Running RTEngine
              [2016/Apr/1|22:06:10] Initializing CUDA renderer (single kernel version)...
              [2016/Apr/1|22:06:10] error: Cannot initialize CUDA! No CUDA devices are available!
              [2016/Apr/1|22:06:10] warning: initDevices() failed. Please check that your system has compatible GPU devices installed.
              Last edited by fraggle; 01-04-2016, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Hello,

After the initial 3.3 release we've added an option "In-process" RT engine which is on by default. If you try to turn it OFF V-Ray should automatically make the necessary configuration to render outside the max process. Could you try if this helps ?

If it doesn't - it would be best to contact our support and they can help.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
                Yavor
                Yavor Rubenov
                V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

thanks, that solve the issues.

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
                    Hello,

After the initial 3.3 release we've added an option "In-process" RT engine which is on by default. If you try to turn it OFF V-Ray should automatically make the necessary configuration to render outside the max process. Could you try if this helps ?

If it doesn't - it would be best to contact our support and they can help.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
                    Yavor
                    Just got my new machine and have two Titan X and spent the last 3 hours trying to figure this out. Just saw this post and it helped me too! Please have this sorted out or have it checked off by default?

OK, and there are times when I want to use one card only, yet these cards are not showing up on the "Devices Select" so both cards are being used. Any ideas what can be done one this?

Best
                    alex
                    Last edited by padre.ayuso; 05-04-2016, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Hello,

CUDA devices not showing up in 3ds Max is a strange issue that only some users reported.
                      Unfortunately the only computer in our office that we managed to reproduce it on had both AMD and nVidia GPU which is different from your case.

Could you try to set IRay as an Active Shade renderer and check it's "Hardware resources" setting - do you see your titans there? If you don't see them there then this is an issue affecting 3ds Max as a whole. As fraggle pointed out - there is an article in the autodesk knowledge base about such problems:

can it be the same issues than for Iray?
                      https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...h-3ds-Max.html
                      and also

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...-and-Iray.html

If IRay sees the two titans - it would be best to contact our support. They can arrange a remote session to try to help with this issue.

Hope that helps
                      Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Hello,

CUDA devices not showing up in 3ds Max is a strange issue that only some users reported.
                        Unfortunately the only computer in our office that we managed to reproduce it on had both AMD and nVidia GPU which is different from your case.

Could you try to set IRay as an Active Shade renderer and check it's "Hardware resources" setting - do you see your titans there? If you don't see them there then this is an issue affecting 3ds Max as a whole. As fraggle pointed out - there is an article in the autodesk knowledge base about such problems:

and also

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...-and-Iray.html

If IRay sees the two titans - it would be best to contact our support. They can arrange a remote session to try to help with this issue.

Hope that helps
                        Can't really take this as a whole answer. Maxwell architecture is not used in Iray 3DS Max 2013 which is what I use. Thus, I can't try this with success. Let's try this out. Can you tell me which driver you are using for your Titans? Or anyone out there which Titan's work? I don't want to be downloading and installing all the drivers up to last year to find the one that works.

Comment

This might be an issue related to 3dsMax itself, there are a few thread into Autodesk Knowledge Network on the same subject with solutions which are worth to try.
                          Please check both links bellow and follow the posted solution steps

1. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...h-3ds-Max.html
                          2. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...-and-Iray.html

Thereafter please download and install the latest driver for your GPU device and run another test.
                          Please update us once the test and everything else is completed.
                          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
                            This might be an issue related to 3dsMax itself, there are a few thread into Autodesk Knowledge Network on the same subject with solutions which are worth to try.
                            Please check both links bellow and follow the posted solution steps

1. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...h-3ds-Max.html
                            2. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...-and-Iray.html

Thereafter please download and install the latest driver for your GPU device and run another test.
                            Please update us once the test and everything else is completed.
                            Thanks Svetlozar,
                            I performed all of the actions except the variable, I did not find any varible that has the following code: CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES. I see the VRay Open CL variables and I see the variables for Autodesk, and others but I don't see the one that is suggested. The problem remains.... to be the same as described earlier.

Could it be that I don't have some variable or something so that 3DS Max is not interpreting the cards? What does "In-Process RT Engine" mean and why unchecking it in VRay allows me to use the cards? Could there be some relation as to what these things do? Maybe 3DS Max is not finding the driver for the Titan X? If so, if you have any idea of how to make them talk to each other, please let me know.

Thank you!
                            Alex

Comment

If I can quote myself from another forum topic:

In-process RT means that the RT engine itself runs inside the Max process. When it is turned OFF - we start a separate V-Ray Standalone process that runs the rendering.
                              Running inside Max means that parts of the geometry data can be shared and there is no need to copy it - so rendering will use less CPU RAM. Also - communication between two separate processes is a bit slower - so in-process can be tiny bit faster. Another advantage is that the texture cache can be shared so once textures are loaded (for example in the material editor) they can be used in RT too - RT rendering will start faster since it doesn't need to load textures from disk.

Now the bad side - running inside Max means that if something happens with the video card driver state - it affects V-Ray RT CUDA too. We've had reports from users that for some reason they don't see any CUDA device when in Max but if they run V-Ray Standalone everything is fine.
                              After you've done the things Autodesk offered and it didn't work - next option - our support guys can arrange a remote session at a convenient time. The GPU guys will be back in office next week and can help searching for the problem.
                              Yavor Rubenov

Comment

If I can quote myself from another forum topic:

After you've done the things Autodesk offered and it didn't work - next option - our support guys can arrange a remote session at a convenient time. The GPU guys will be back in office next week and can help searching for the problem.
                                Thanks Yavor. Yes please, lets arrange the remote session. Please have them write to me and I'll set it up on the internet and whatever data they need. You have my email address so write to me there. I need to set up the computer on the internet as it is off line.

Comment

Working...
                                X